Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB 3.0.1 released - stable, fixed, secured, dedicated

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 15 Mar 2013 18:12 
More than a year passed since I first announced the Premium add-ons updates for miniBB 3, and it took time on my end to test and fix everything which was coming by this year in the basic miniBB as well.

The current release of miniBB could be called stable, and it's one of the final steps to "miniBB Complete" - a full board, which could be plugged in and out upon compilation of different add-ons and plug-ins via miniBB Compiler. In the nearest future, we will offer a "full premium package" of miniBB, where at reduced cost you could get "all-in-one" version of all possible plugins + premium bonuses, which could be also constructed in and out at your convenience.

As usually, there is provided the full history of changes; looking at the bottom of Updating History file, you may upgrade your board from any version.

This version of miniBB is thoroughly tested and made compatible with the most recent at this date release of PHP, which is 5.4.x.

Removing user profiles now will be allowed to moderators, too (with the optional possibility to exclude certain moderators from this feature). For this, to the earlier admin panel's function, there is a couple of new conditions added. Now it's possible to just *block* the user's account without completely removing it; AND delete user's messages at once. This could allow to fight spamming members more effectively. Often there is a case when some account floods a lot of messages, and later there is no way to remove them all easily at once. Now there should be few of ways.

To avoid confusions, admin panel's "delete email notifications" section now will not remove all emails from the subscriptions table, if no email was typed in. Instead, a standalone "Delete All" button will be present on this form (with the proper addition of this phrase to the language pack).

Since in PHP 5.4.x `htmlspecialchars` function became obsolete (it seems not to transform only specific quotes, apostrophes or 'less than', 'greater than' chars, but also completely garbles non-UTF8 content by default), there was a decision to re-create the old-style of this function in miniBB, which is now called 'operate_string'. Also, there were new rules created to support MS-Word-based characters conversion, specifically in ISO/UTF encodings (which now should allow to copy/paste texts from MS Word into miniBB with the proper tension to convert most common specific chars). To that, in all miniBB official add-ons we have replaced `htmlspecialchars` to that function.

Besides of it, many add-ons were updated to fix various HTML issues, minor security issues, and other regarding miniBB Complete.

Follow the list of updates to upgrade your versions:

Human Authorization (Captcha) 1.4 - progress indicator added; htmlspecialchars replacement; updated files: img/progress.gif, templates/addon_authorize.html, addon_authorize.php

Checker 2.4.1 - htmlspecialchars replacement; $l_author changed to $l_lastAuthor for Recent Reply icon's alt/title; German language added; updated: addon_checker.php, templates/addon_checker_queue_cell.html

Filebank 1.4.1 - htmlspecialchars replacement; updated file: addon_storage.php

File/Image Upload & Attachments 2.1.4 - htmlspecialchars replacement; in a case when $editMsgReloc is set (TRUE), and if the improper file was uploaded, when editing the message, the script should unset this value, so the user is not redirected to the thread *anyway*, seeing a warning message [this appears on editing the message when uploading the invalid type of file or size]; secured topicDir input on file deletion - updated files: addon_fileupload.php, bb_plugins2.code.txt

Photo album 1.5.3 - 'removeuser' action's code updated for miniBB 3.0.1 - updated file: bb_plugins.code.txt

Premoderation 1.3.8 - changes regarding 'removeuser' actions - updated file: bb_plugins.code.txt

Private Messages 2.4.4 - BCC Moderators function extended to possibility of certain Moderators selection (sponsored by looti.net); email notifications option will be un-ticked automatically, if a certain email address is removed from the admin panel ("Delete email notifications") section; htmlspecialchars replacement; changes regarding 'removeuser' and admin users mass-deletion function; updated files: addon_pmail.php, addon_pmail_send.php, templates/addon_pmail_sendmsg.html, bb_plugins.code.txt, bb_plugins2.code.txt

Favorites 1.2 - changes regarding 'removeuser' actions; ($action=='userinfo') block updated to have more aligned icon placement; German language pack added; updated: bb_plugins.code.txt

Anti-Guest - library updated; htmlspecialchars replacement; updated files - addon_anti_guest.php, addon_anti_guest_dict.php

Avatars - corrections regarding 'removeuser' and admin panel deletion of users; security fixes; updated files: addon_avatar.php, bb_plugins.code.txt; addon_avatar_options.php - check more for this add-on's update in the post-fixed thread;

Configurable Topic's form - compatibility with miniBB Complete; updated: bb_plugins2.code.txt

Memberslist - htmlspecialchars replacement; updated file: addon_memberslist.php

Multiple topics action - fix regarding HTML validity - updated: bb_plugins.code.txt

Smilies - removed <br /> from main_post_form.code.txt

Unchecked topics indicator - unread.gif is now spaced before its code (for making it compatible with miniBB Complete); updated: bb_plugins_parseTopic.code.txt

Who's online - /* Show Online Status */ - uoicon appearing fix (will not appear if user is offline); updated: bb_plugins_parseMessage.code.txt

All language packs were updated to the most recent release, containing major phrases, but they are still translated to English. If you feel you could supply a fully native pack of some language, you are welcome.

miniBB Complier was updated to the latest release, and now it should build all of the new versions of the core and add-ons.

miniBB Demo page was also updated to have the latest release files available.

Many thanks and greetings to all of our customers and partners, who helped me to build the final version of this release, supplying suggestions, bugfixes and security issues: guys from Polish Forums, Jaime from Cala Millor (especially for providing German translations, which are going to be published soon), Moony from Indostan, Canberk Bolat from Mavituna Security.

I also appreciate each of the little suggestion and hints coming from our guest and members on this forum.
You are welcome to build the fastest, stable and shaped forum software on Earth... which is an utopia, but who knows :)
Thank you all.

Enjoy this release, and as always, feel free to report any issues or bugs you may find on our Community, or using private contacts form.

After all final tests completed on miniBB 3.0.1, I'm going finally release the Mobile skin/version for miniBB - I believe it will be FREE to all users, released at no cost, with the hope to develop the most appealing Mobile forum on Earth.

Stay tuned and keep smiling! :)

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 16 Mar 2013 04:40 
I should put it to the test next week. Seems like a lot of work if one uses many addons, but I guess I should have enough time in the coming days : Smart users should take advantage of the Premium Upgrade support. Big Thumbs Up for miniBB :).

Author Don Ocso
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 16 Mar 2013 13:58 
with all these in stock, miniBB has a great future. thanks and more success to you Mr. Paul and Us the loyal users.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 16 Mar 2013 17:50 
I updated manually on the V3.0.1 with all addons, and now i still can not see by me any problems! - Clean work!

Paul:
In the nearest future, we will offer a "full premium package" of miniBB, ...
... I'm going finally release the Mobile skin/version for miniBB - I believe it will be FREE to all users,
Thank you Paul - but you make me more and more addicted to miniBB :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 18 Mar 2013 10:53 
Thank you all. Forgot to mention, that this release is coming in the times of 12th anniversary of miniBB.

Also these days, in many places of Earth incl. the country I'm living in, many can see a Pan-Starrs сomet in skies, named C/2011 L4.
Like this:

Comet in the skies of Latvia

Not sure if it's a good or bad sign... definitely, it's a very rare even happening once in a hundred of years.
The same like a stable forum program release ;-)

Author Jaime
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 18 Mar 2013 11:15 
Paul:
12th anniversary of miniBB
Ops .. I've got a short period of missed;-) Congratulations on the anniversary! In modern times many other programs do not survive such periods.

Paul:
Not sure if it's a good or bad sign...
Guaranteed a good sign! And I like the picture!

Author Prince
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 20 Mar 2013 22:56 
Great job Paul, Thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 22 Mar 2013 12:47 
Just a quick note: Finnish language pack has been updated to be aligned with miniBB 3.0.1; as usually, we thank Petri Ikonen for this.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 13:29 
Just wanted to mention, still in this topic, that Multiple Topics Action has been updated to be even more compatible with miniBB 3.
Now it also supports the mode of mass deleting/moving the topics from the "extra navigation" pages, which go from the front forums page.
It also has a code modification to support the featured Mobile miniBB skin, which I finally hope to release in a couple of weeks.
The Compiler has been also updated to support all of the modifications for this add-on.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 18:56 
Paul:
Now it also supports the mode of mass deleting/moving the topics from the "extra navigation" pages, which go from the front forums page.
Tested, it works by me - Thanks.

Author Mini_minibb
#11 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 14:52 
Have you any plans about version for smartphones? It's real neccessary...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 20:22 
Mini_minibb:
Have you any plans about version for smartphones? It's real neccessary...
Yes, we have some plans.
Most of them are being released these days :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 5 Apr 2013 14:49 
A little post-update to the index.php file: there was a case, having $addMainTitle installed; this brought title duplication on extra navigation pages from the front of the forum. This line:

if(isset($addMainTitle)) $title.=' - '.str_replace(' - ','',$title1);
should look like this:

if(isset($addMainTitle) and $page==PAGE1_OFFSET+1) $title.=' - '.str_replace(' - ','',$title1);
Please update on your end.
Thanks Jaime for this.

Author Prince
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 30 Apr 2013 20:28 
Hello,

Persian Language Pack has been updated by looti.net.

Version 3.0.1

Please add it.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#15 | Posted: 1 May 2013 14:28 
Thank you! Updated it in Downloads. Enjoy :)

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB 3.0.1 released - stable, fixed, secured, dedicated
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑