miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Pre-moderation / Premoderation

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#31 | Posted: 25 Mar 2008 10:47 
You need to modify core files. It's open source so everything is possible. However I can't provide the exact solution because it appears to be your custom question.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#32 | Posted: 17 Mar 2010 03:22 
Hi Paul/Team,
Is there a way to grant pre-moderators the power to add/remove specific members to/from the pre-moderation queue ... without surrendering complete admin rights?
- mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#33 | Posted: 17 Mar 2010 03:50 
marsbar
I think so... but it would require to reprogram this add-on a lot. There is no easy way or couple-of-lines fix.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 07:23 
Is it possible to prevent displaying signatures of members (new) if their messages are under pre-moderation?

Author Vishal
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 8 Jul 2011 23:37 
My apologies! I forgot that I couldn't prevent premoderated messages from being displayed instead of displaying "This message is pending approval.".

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#36 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 08:11 
It's possible to skip displaying premoderated messages in whole - you may check up the solution contained in posts_not_visible_hack.txt file of the add-on's package. But this solution is not quite perfect - the script will just "remove" the premoderated messages, but won't affect the total pagination of messages per page. So if you let's say have 20 messages or topics per page displayed, and 5 of them are under pre-moderation, only 15 will be shown.

Author Prince
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 08:38 
I was wondering if it could be enable for new users who has under 50 posts.. like you have for everyone and for new accounts and ID lists..

So is it possible?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#38 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 10:37 
Currently it's not implemented, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. It only requires a lot of modifications.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 16 Jul 2011 01:00 
Paul:
It's possible to skip displaying premoderated messages in whole - you may check up the solution contained in posts_not_visible_hack.txt file of the add-on's package. But this solution is not quite perfect - the script will just "remove" the premoderated messages, but won't affect the total pagination of messages per page. So if you let's say have 20 messages or topics per page displayed, and 5 of them are under pre-moderation, only 15 will be shown.
Yes there's a downside to it and it confuses many users. However, with the original solution, even though the message is not displayed (shows "This message is pending approval."), which is really nice, the signature is displayed.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#40 | Posted: 18 Jul 2011 03:06 
Vishal:
even though the message is not displayed (shows "This message is pending approval."), the signature is displayed.
You may try the following addition: to the parseMessage() function's code add the following (if the function doesn't exist, create it; if it does exist, just add the code before the return statement):

function parseMessage(){

/* Premoderation hack - do not display signature for suspended text */
if($GLOBALS['posterText']==$GLOBALS['l_postQueued']) $GLOBALS['userInfo_user_custom2'][$GLOBALS['poster_id']
]='';
/* --Premoderation hack */

return;
}
You should change 'user_custom2' to the field name in database, which is used as a Signature.

It works on my end and I've uploaded it to miniBB demo, so it appears to work there as well.

This approach may be used for File Upload add-on as well, because it also displays attached files, even if the message itself is pending approval.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 31 Jul 2011 10:59 
Thanks Paul! Works great!

Author Vishal
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 29 Jan 2012 12:06 
Hi Paul,

Is there any way to prevent messages in pre-moderation queue from appearing in the Checker queue?

Thanks,

Vishal

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#43 | Posted: 31 Jan 2012 11:55 
Sorry! Currently there is no way.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 1 Feb 2012 07:12 
Hi Paul,

I hadn't thought of this earlier but one of my members recently pointed to me that she sees spam in the checker even though they aren't live in the forums. Considering that Checker being used by majority of the members, I think you should consider this feature.

Best wishes,

Vishal

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#45 | Posted: 1 Feb 2012 10:06 
Could you provide some screenshots of such spam?
Also, if a user will see it again, let him not delete it, and re-send me his checker's data file by email.
Preferably, we may use private emails for that issue.

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Pre-moderation / Premoderation
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑