miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Pre-moderation / Premoderation

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author benluke4
Partaker
#76 | Posted: 15 May 2014 19:04 
quick question... How do I disable pre mod?

Thanks
Ben

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#77 | Posted: 15 May 2014 19:34 
benluke4:
How do I disable pre mod?
Log-in as admin... Go to "Premoderation settings" below the page.
Choose "Disable" from the top Drop-down.
Go down to the "Save Changes" button.
Click it.
You're done.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#78 | Posted: 15 May 2014 19:37 
Jaime:
and your brain cells are younger than mine ... Why i hope your cells work better than mine ;-)
If it's the age question, then you might consider to ask yourself why I'm more busier than You :)

I don't think it's related to brain cells. It's related to education, incl. self-education (which I'm mostly up to).
If you would know how PHP works and how miniBB codes work, than you would build the solution yourself... in a hour or so :)
Watching a fireplace could help in this case.

Author benluke4
Partaker
#79 | Posted: 15 May 2014 19:56 
Thanks Paul!!!

Author jtalk
Partaker
#80 | Posted: 4 Feb 2015 01:29 
hey , is it possible to do this:
1. only new users are moderated, adding users to the list as i approve their stuff
2. leave one or two forums 100% moderated

Author Jaime
Partaker
#81 | Posted: 6 Feb 2015 11:12 
Hi jtalk, You've already read the description of the Premoderation add-on for miniBB? Your first question can be answered with Yes, the second question with No (... not currently)

A user who has shown that he can behave I do not moderate. No matter what area of this forum this User is active.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#82 | Posted: 25 Jan 2016 08:02 
G'day, Paul.

Not sure how long this problem has been going on, but I only just noticed it a few days ago:

I can't seem to release users from the pre-moderated users list via the addon's main 'control panel' (i.e. un-tick box next to user's name -> save -> come back to the page -> user remains listed?!).
In the meantime, I have been getting around the problem by manually updating the data file.

The last time I updated my miniBB was last June, so I have not touched my installation until today when I upgraded my miniBB to v3.2.1. The web server is running PHP 5.6, this has been the case since late last year--the upgrade was made by my web host.

Re-downloading and re-installing the addon did not help. Besides waiting for the new version that you mentioned back in September, is there anything else I can try?

Cheers,
marsbar

Author tom322
#83 | Posted: 25 Jan 2016 20:06 
You could check browser error console first; maybe there is some JS misspelling or CSFR function not included..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#84 | Posted: 25 Jan 2016 22:58 
marsbar
I have the new version of this add-on, which should be released soon. It will be database-based and completely new algorithms for everything. Older customers will have a chance to upgrade to this version for free by request.

Not sure in what exactly time, but it's almost ready and tested on a very big server. That's why I must say "sorry" for your problem, but the older version of this add-on will be abandoned in the nearest future, and the way it works now, is the latest possible way it works. Even if there's such a bug, I couldn't fix it right now, 'cause I'm working out the new version already.

tom322:
You could check browser error console first; maybe there is some JS misspelling or CSFR function not included..
Indeed, that's a good advice. May be after upgrading you've missed some template, and this add-on was using CSRF protection, if I remember it correctly.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#85 | Posted: 26 Jan 2016 05:33 
tom322:
Thanks, tom322; I've given your suggestion a try: the error console didn't pick up anything wrong ...

Paul:
That's why I must say "sorry" for your problem, but the older version of this add-on will be abandoned in the nearest future, and the way it works now, is the latest possible way it works.
No problem, Paul: I can work around the problem, so it's not a biggie. All the best for the new version to come!

With thanks ... and looking forward to the upgrade,
marsbar

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#86 | Posted: 3 Oct 2016 08:57 
Hi Paul,

Just purchased Pre-moderation 2 add-on. The installation readme does not say anything about what to do if forum already has the old version add-on installed. But I guess one would need to first uninstall the old version (i.e., un-do all changes during setting up of the old add-on) before installing the new version, correct?

Cheers,
marsbar

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#87 | Posted: 3 Oct 2016 09:10 
Apologies for the consecutive posts, Paul.

Is it possile to bulk add user IDs from old moderation list (premoder_data) to the new list? I have a fairly lengthy list, and the prospect of having to add each user in individually is quite scary. :-p

Cheers,
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#88 | Posted: 3 Oct 2016 13:22 
marsbar:
But I guess one would need to first uninstall the old version (i.e., un-do all changes during setting up of the old add-on) before installing the new version, correct?
This is correct. Possibly it is even better to complete this step first, only then upgrade your forum. But at at least you should disable Premoderation prior to all this. Also, keep all files under shared_files/premoderation, do not remove them (important for the next step below).

marsbar:
Is it possile to bulk add user IDs from old moderation list (premoder_data) to the new list?
I have a script which should complete it. Download and try from here. There is nothing special to configure. Just run it when you have the new Premoderation version installed.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#89 | Posted: 3 Oct 2016 13:51 
Paul:
This is correct. Possibly it is even better to complete this step first, only then upgrade your forum. But at at least you should disable Premoderation prior to all this.
Oh no: I had upgraded the forum first, then installed the new pre-moderation addon--and it was during the addon installation process (e.g. editing bb_plugins) that I removed code from the old version addon! :-( Have I done irreparable damage to my installation of miniBB, Paul?

Paul:
I have a script which should complete it. Download and try from here. There is nothing special to configure. Just run it when you have the new Premoderation version installed.
Thank you, Paul, you're a life saver: the script works beautifully!

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#90 | Posted: 3 Oct 2016 15:31 
Hi again, Paul.

Have I messed up this time: is it normal that a moderator can see new topic/message pending approval but the admin cannot? Currently, at my end, the pre-moderation status indicator seems to show different information depending on the user logged in: the Moderator sees: "Pre-moderation [0/1]"; yet the Admin sees "Pre-moderation [0/0]"! :-\

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Pre-moderation / Premoderation
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑