miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

First Page News

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author MKJ
Partaker
#76 | Posted: 21 Jan 2007 18:26 
Adding the forum name

How can I add the Forum name to the First Page News? As I have split my site up and using lots of forums it would be a help to see which forum the post is linked to.

Regards - MKJ

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#77 | Posted: 22 Jan 2007 03:32 
Additional modification will be needed.

In the addon_1stpagenews2.php after the line which says:

$xtr=getClForums($displayForums,'where','','forum_id','or','=');

add the following code:

/* Get forum titles and IDs */
$forumTitles=array();
if($res=db_simpleSelect(0,$Tf,'forum_id, forum_name')){
do $forumTitles[$res[0]]=$res[1]; while($res=db_simpleSelect(1));
}
/* --Get forum titles and IDs */

After the line which says

$topics[$tid]['forum_id']=$res[5];

add:

$topics[$tid]['forum_title']=$forumTitles[$res[5]];

Afterall paste the variable {$forum_title} in the template addon_1stpagenews_cell2.html

Author MKJ
Partaker
#78 | Posted: 22 Jan 2007 05:25 
Works great.

Thanks - MKJ

Author Talbot
Partaker
#79 | Posted: 8 Feb 2007 10:14 
Hi there,

How I do stop the script from getting the poster's name and any other not essential info ?

If I can explain, I just want the topics and their correct order (ok order is easy to set in the script) but not the poster who made the post.

I can change the templates to just not display this other info of course, but I am thinking it would be better to stop it trying to do this SQL query for the poster as well.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#80 | Posted: 8 Feb 2007 10:53 
It doesn't matter how many fields you select in SQL query (well... it could matter for the BLOB fields or other large size fields, but not for the fields in miniBB). So just edit the templates and get your headache off.

Author Talbot
Partaker
#81 | Posted: 9 Feb 2007 09:51 
ok thanks Paul

Author teva
Partaker
#82 | Posted: 13 Aug 2007 15:27 
Hey!

How do i modify the script, so it will show html tags correctly? I have tried modifying line 74

$topics[$tid]['post_text']=substr(strip_tags(str_replace('<br />', "\n", $res[1])), 0, $maxTxtLength);

but all i got is three dots ... istead of message.

Thank you

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#83 | Posted: 14 Aug 2007 04:11 
Remove strip_tags function.

Author teva
Partaker
#84 | Posted: 14 Aug 2007 10:22 
Aha...i removed too much. Thank You it works now.

Is it possible to also show breaks? Now, news are all in one line with no breaks.

Thanks!

Author lime
Partaker
#85 | Posted: 14 Aug 2007 12:46 
Is it possible to also show breaks? Now, news are all in one line with no breaks.

This should work:
$topics[$tid]['post_text']=substr($res[1], 0, $maxTxtLength);

Author teva
Partaker
#86 | Posted: 14 Aug 2007 14:20 
yep, this works excellent. Thanks lime

Author cromagx
#87 | Posted: 20 Sep 2007 04:26 
Hi all,

I am adding the "firstpage news" addon to my minibb-forum, but I am experience a weird problem.

When I call the http://www.mypage.com/forum/addon_1stpagenews2.php directly in my bowser everything works just fine, and I see the newest posts.

But when I add the javascrips on my frontpage :

<script type="text/javaScript" src="http://www.mypage.com/forum/addon_1stpagenews2.php"></script>

Nothing happends!

I have alot of javascripts working on the fronpage, but this one do not work.

What can possible be the problem?!

Best

Cromagx

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#88 | Posted: 20 Sep 2007 07:11 
In add-ons setting you need to define

$displayMethod=2;

Author bkai
Partaker
#89 | Posted: 18 Mar 2008 05:35 
Hi there,

I'm experiencing a problem with special characters when using the First Page add-on. My forum will be used in German and the German "Umlaute" like ü or ö are not displayed correctly. See screenshot below:

Screenshot

Any suggestions what I could do?

Thanks!! :-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#90 | Posted: 18 Mar 2008 06:25 
That could mean you have set up miniBB in the improper encoding. First of all, miniBB and your website should have the same encoding set. Second, miniBB and your database should have the same encoding. There are usually many problems coming with specific symbols, so we recommend always use UTF-8 as the default encoding for your database, miniBB and website. Here you can read how to my message in Upgrading thread may help you to get a clue about the database. Unfortunately, encoding issue is always custom so I can't give more information on this subject...

Page  Page 6 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 First Page News
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑