Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

File Bank add-on update: moving closer to a comfortable interface

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 22 Jul 2020 20:20 
After long testing on a 3rd party project, miniBB's File Bank add-on has been released today with a new version containing significant changes regarding the user interface.

My goal with this add-on is to achieve a pretty simple and quick tool for uploading/sharing files and specially pictures, thus keeping the principle of using very lite native functions and codes, with no heavy jQuery libraries or similar, based on pure web protocols and standards only. Now making another step forward of it.

On the add-on's page you could study updated instructions and notice there are now present quick file linking icons after uploading, such as:

Copy Icon Copy and Close Icon

Appearing immediately after upload, they provide the quickest method of BB-code delivery to the message.

If you upgrade to the newer version, check the updated files to overwrite or add with:

img/copy.png, /img/copied.png, img/copyclose.png — new icons

templates/addon_storage_popup.html — improved layout

templates/addon_storage_fileform.html — enhanced layout (now there's possible to remove the source file, keeping the thumbnail only)

templates/addon_storage_list.html — fixed <tr> missing for <!--admin_only-->

lang/storage_eng.php — new vars (at the end of file)

addon_storage.php — the core file with a lot of changes and bugfixes.

The Mobile template has been updated with the following changes:

templates-mobi/main_posts_cell.html — {$editedBy} now removed by default (could take a lot of space on the mobile screen with no obvious purpose)

templates-mobi/addon_storage_fileform.html — improved form for the File Bank add-on, as mentioned above.

Stay safe, and enjoy reading Charles Bukowski, like me in this COVID-isolated crazy period :-)

Jordan reading C.B. :-)

Author nobileprize55
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 22 Aug 2020 11:35 
nice

Author Askmeoffersmadhu
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 27 Aug 2020 13:22 
Interesting!!

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 11:40 

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 11:41 
The above shows an issue I'm having — even though Thumbnail was selected, none was generated, and the link is broken...
Only happens on 'some' images.

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 12:11 
Oh — and a second issue is I cannot see the new 'Paste' icons...
I used the Compiler, and have triple checked everything with the add-on download info, and all looks as expected.

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 13:18 
You should install this add-on manually. I'm not sure how the Compiler is related, if this add-on is not included in it.

Actually, Compiler itself is just a script, which automates the installation process for you. It completes all steps programmatically as if you would do this manually, following the README guide of each add-on. So you just should carefully follow each step.

The add-on is installed on this forum in default mode and it works. Of course I couldn't make sure it is free of bugs. But I could catch a bug only if you provide a careful instruction of how do I repeat it on my side in steps.

So, if some pic produce such an interesting effect, zip it before, and upload it to our File Bank for me to repeat the same step, or at least to understand the nature of such broken pic.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 13:30 
Hi Paul — I have manually re-done the installation... no difference.
And see the issue above with the broken link, and no thumbnail.
That was using this forum to do the upload.

The piccy that caused the issue is here: https://www.minibb.com/forums/storage/test/steve.zip
(And the icon for placing the link directly would not work this time.)

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 14:43 
Steve Shaw:
And see the issue above with the broken link, and no thumbnail.
That was using this forum to do the upload.
I suppose I have found the nature of the problem — you were trying to upload a pic which is less than 350px in width (actually 200) and checked the box saying "Create thumbnail" — that's the reason, the script will not create a thumbnail from a pic which is already a thumbnail.

I will fix it, and update the add-on later today, as I have incoming jobs which didn't include this issue.

Thanks for reporting so far, I'll post here when it's fixed.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 15:31 
Ah — I should have spotted that, and reported the issue better.
Sorry!

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 00:32 
Test smaller than 350 pix image

Oh, and your instructions for the update/install of the Storage addon have forgotten about the icons for 'paste'...

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 00:41 
I can't get this to work on my forum...
I have used the new file you provided, but I still have the same issues with images smaller than 350px wide...

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 17:44 
Steve Shaw:
Oh, and your instructions for the update/install of the Storage addon have forgotten about the icons for 'paste'...
Sorry, I didn't understood that part. What kind of pasting do you mean? These icons are built-in to the core PHP script.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 17:45 
Steve Shaw:
I have used the new file you provided, but I still have the same issues with images smaller than 350px wide...
As we discussed previously, your server could caching enabled. That means, some changes in scripts may not be seen immediately. Turn off caching for development.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 2 Sep 2020 23:35 
Have checked the server — there is no checking active (have double checked with the hosting providers).
And have made sure there is none set in the htaccess file.
And also cleared all cookies and history from all browsers used.

Still not working...

Steve

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 File Bank add-on update: moving closer to a comfortable interface
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑