miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Pre-moderation / Premoderation

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#106 | Posted: 8 Jul 2019 17:11 
Steve Shaw
You should just install a new version of the forum in a different folder, and attach a new version of the add-on to it (basically, everything else, too). So there is possible to try out everything but not on the currently live forum. When the time comes to switch between the old and the new forum, just rename the new forum's folder to the previous one.

It is absolutely unacceptable that you install both versions of the older and the new add-on. Also, possibly the new version will not even work on your older core.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#107 | Posted: 8 Jul 2019 21:04 
Everything for the new forum is in a differently named folder.
But, it obviously access the same SQL Database as the old forum - that is my worry.
Does that make more sense?

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#108 | Posted: 8 Jul 2019 21:53 
Steve Shaw
Like to repeat, the older version of this add-on used plain files as a storage. In the meaning of storage, versions of Premoderation add-on do not cross.

As about the generic forum, you can use the same DB for tests, but I suppose, the newer version of your forum still needs the most recent upgrade for DB. However it all depends on your current version of the forum. I did upgrade of the default DB rarely, so it is quite possible that the older forum still could work with the upgraded DB.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#109 | Posted: 9 Jul 2019 19:22 
I did the update to the new forum, using the same database - all is fine!

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#110 | Posted: 10 Jul 2019 17:01 
Steve Shaw:
I did the update to the new forum, using the same database - all is fine!
Depending on your older version, the new version still may need some upgrades of DB, follow the Updates History for that.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#111 | Posted: 11 Jul 2019 10:21 
Thanks!

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#112 | Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:43 
Hi Paul - is there an option to send admin an email when a new user posts a message that is held for Premoderation?
I've searched everywhere I can, and not found any info on this.

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#113 | Posted: 27 Apr 2020 15:38 
Alas, there is no such option. You could only achieve this, modifying the core script.

Alternatively, there's possible to code and set up an easy crontab script, which checks for a premoderation queue, let's say each hour, and then sends a reminder to admin(s) if there's something available to check.

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Pre-moderation / Premoderation
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑