®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Upgrade and Upgrading / Migrating guides

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author SwissCow
#46 | Posted: 13 Jul 2006 12:59 
I have at this very moment the same problem as Anonymous...

Author SwissCow
#47 | Posted: 13 Jul 2006 13:14 
Ok, not a big bug : just add a new message to each section, and the rest of the messages are shown... The rest seems ok...

bye

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#48 | Posted: 13 Jul 2006 13:18 
SwissCow

Sorry, sounds completely unclear.

Author SwissCow
#49 | Posted: 17 Jul 2006 12:42 
Ok, I'll try some explanations in my poor english. ;)

After I upgraded with all the steps followed, the "last discussions" section showed the last messages correctly, but for some reason the forums (6 were created before the upgrade) themselves dissapeared. So there was no forum existant, but the last discussions were existants... I know it sounds weird, I wish I had made a screen capture to show it.

At the same time, there was no possibility to enter the admin pannel, so I entered into it manualy by typing the address of my forum followed by bb_admin.php. After was correctly signed in, I could see my six forums. But the forums seemed empty (0 message, 0 response). I got in my first forum and wrote what was described as being the first message of the forum, and after doing that, all the messages that were supposed to be in that forum suddenly showed up.

I did the same with all my forums, and it worked fine. It seemed as if a kind of link between the forums and the messages were somehow temporary disconnected, until a message was added. Weird.

Oh, and by the way, one thing is missing I think in your step : before doing step 9, you should rename all db tables of the upgrading file with the actual names of you db. For example, I was upgrading from minibb 1.7f to minibb 2.0. The names of my db tables were all "minibb_" followed by the specific names of the table. But with minibb 2.0, the new table names all started with "minibbtable_". So after changing the setup_options.php and replacing the the table names with the actual ones, I had to find and replace also, in the "!UPDATE_DB.sql" file, all "minibbtable_" by "minibb_" so that it fits the actual names of the db. And then, only then, I could go to step 9.

I guess I could have done the opposite : not changing the "!UPDATE_DB.sql" file and change manually in phpMySQL the names of the db tables with the new 2.0 standards.

Anyway. Sorry if I'm unclear. It works, and that's all that matters ! ;)

Bye

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#50 | Posted: 17 Jul 2006 13:03 
was no forum existant, but the last discussions were existants

That only means you have missed some new fields in forums table... I think they are "topics_count" and "posts_count". Look up in !UPDATE_DB.sql for new fields we've added since 1.x series release.

you should rename all db tables of the upgrading file with the actual names of you db

that's for sure :-)

Author SwissCow
#51 | Posted: 17 Jul 2006 13:32 
That only means you have missed some new fields in forums table...

Might be. But it's kind of weird since all I did (after changing the names of the db tables in the file) was a copy-paste action in phpMySQL, and an execution of the material pasted. But well, if it worked fine elsewhere, that means that the mistake is on my side anyway. ;) But things are now in order.

that's for sure :-)

Right. ;) But don't think it would be better if it would be added in your step-by-step upgrade instructions (which helped me a lot, thanx !) so that the user doesn't have to guess it ? ;)

Thanx again, bye !

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#52 | Posted: 17 Jul 2006 15:10 
SwissCow

it would be better if it would be added in your step-by-step upgrade instructions

Do you mean Ivan's instructions, or !UPDATE.txt file?

I think, it's added where we haven't forgotten about it. In general, if you execute these command for non-existing tables, you will see errors anyway, and then will know why it happens.

Author juju
Partaker
#53 | Posted: 16 Jan 2007 10:27 
Hi,
I did the last update to 2.03.a
Now all my css are gone.. I mean the old one doesn't count anymore, so I decided and changed the templates as well.. well funny thing almost nothing happen.

But my question is.. on the new version I get a line instead of name on the Latest Reply, however data is there, only name is missing.

Author juju
Partaker
#54 | Posted: 16 Jan 2007 10:46 
Hi,
In your migrating guides there is nothing about styles.css file.. there is a new table style , table.forumsmb.. and could be more..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#55 | Posted: 16 Jan 2007 11:05 
Look up for bb_default_style.css file in Update history (!UPDATE.txt) - and you will find a lot of notes regarding changes in CSS file. They all are mentioned since the first miniBB 2.x series release. So...?

Author juju
Partaker
#56 | Posted: 16 Jan 2007 11:07 
Okay.. first there is a new style so table.forums should be
table.forums,table.forumsmb

I've been able to fix somehow styles for my 2 forums.. however

there is somenthing about $lastPoster variable which is null.. any idea?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#57 | Posted: 16 Jan 2007 13:06 
Any idea is described in the file I mentioned...

Did you look up like I suggested? It brings a lot of results... here is what I've collected from this file (changes in bb_default_style.css since the release 2.0 RC1e):

- added .limbb class for displaying lists in userinfo

- .views (defines views column color in Last Discussions and Topics list)

- added atrributes like: margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; vertical-align: top; , also as new classes .tbTransparentCell, .tbTransparentmb, table.forumsmb, img and td

- caption6 class REMOVED and not used anymore

Comparing these additions to the original CSS file you can turn on your brains and make all jobs within few seconds. No brains? Sorry.

For the updating new fields, you need to run Database upgrading script (convdb.php).

It is mentioned in the second post of this thread.

What else are you expecting from the free open source document? If you are unable to search within just one file, the rest is the question of our paid job.

Author juju
Partaker
#58 | Posted: 17 Jan 2007 01:35 
I did run the convdb and worked. I'm sorry for beeing rude but I was angry, this is the 3rd time in 1 year I got my server hacked in due to your software.

As for paid, yes I would buy a paid software if it would have an import threads feature from your board. The only thing I could do was to put all your boards on a separate server.

The only thing I can understand is you don't do programming with security in mind to keep room for your paid job.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#59 | Posted: 17 Jan 2007 04:23 
this is the 3rd time in 1 year I got my server hacked in due to your software
Subscribe to our RSS feed or visit our News section more frequently, and do constant upgrades. We've made everything possible to keep this process not touching your custom modifications. As soon as vulnerability is discovered, it is fixed immediately the same day (usually), and the update is offered/published. That's all we can do for millions of users... license clearly says we're providing no warranties. Hopefully as older miniBB gets, as better and secured it becomes.

The only thing I can understand is you don't do programming with security in mind to keep room for your paid job - that's a big mistake and sounds like even more rude accusation and ungrounded opinion. Be sure you know the subject of the topic before giving such claims.

All vulnerabilities discovered are mostly related to the unsecured server settings. miniBB is just one of the possibly installed applications which can contain the same 'holes'. That means you are on the cheap hosting, and that's the hosting staff doesn't care about security at all.

Combining paid/free stuff, we're making it possible still to support miniBB as a free software. Even if something is released free, somebody should pay for it.

If you're such a clever guy, welcome to release something for free within 6 years on your own. As far as I know currently, you didn't helped us any way, nore paid way, nore even bug reporting way. You can only give us claims the same way as few beginners around, who don't know what they should do to keep secured and running well.

Author gumbo
#60 | Posted: 13 Apr 2007 08:58 
hi there,

i got a few problems while updating to the latest version. maybe you could point me in the right direction.

upgrading from: minibb 2.0RC1b, mysql 4 ISAM
to: minibb 2.0.3a, mysql 5 MYISAM

first thing i did was altering the ISAM database to MYISAM. checked back with migrating the MYISAM database into the old 2.0RC1b interface. worked - all data still remained.

i followed the update-instructions from ivan's post, as well as reading the official !UPDATE.txt.
-> copied new clean minibb 2.0.3a onto webspace
-> edited setup_options.php
-> checked tablenames in !UPDATE_DB.sql (using default minibbtable_)
-> updated database with !UPDATE_DB.sql and got the following error as already mentioned by some posters above:

----
SQL query:

ALTER IGNORE TABLE minibbtable_forums ADD COLUMN topics_count int( 10 ) NOT NULL default 0;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1060 - Duplicate column name 'topics_count'
----

nevermind, i thought. it should still proceed with the updating-process.

-> ran convdb.php. all changes applied without an error.

BUT topics, posts and users are gone now. ("NO FORUMS HAVE BEEN CREATED. Please add some forums!")

statistics still work, showing the right user, topic and reply-amount aswell as displaying most popular topics, but the records seem to have disappeared ("topic/user doesn't exist...")

i can still see all data in phpmyadmin (e.g. minibbtable_posts with rows post_id, forum_id, topic_id, poster_id, poster_name, post_text, post_time, poster_ip, post_status), but somehow the new frontend doesn't display the records correctly.

anyone have an idea what might have gone wrong?
thanks for helping, keep up the good work

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Upgrade and Upgrading / Migrating guides
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑