Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /  

Auto sign in after registration?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 13 Nov 2009 04:05 
When a new user successfully registers with the site, I want the user to be sign in automatically without the user having to enter the username and password again in the forums. Is this possible??

keep up the good work!

thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 13 Nov 2009 14:11 
That would be possible. I'll keep an eye on it when developing the next version. Thanks.

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 15 Nov 2009 03:24 
Hi Paul,

I kind of wants to implement this now with my site. Could you possibly shed some light on how exactly i go about doing this??

any quick/simple approach to do this?? or is this going to involve complex coding???

thanks!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 16 Nov 2009 02:37 
It's not a complex coding... somewhere in bb_func_regusr.php after inserting into database you shall put the code for setting the cookie i.e. setMyCookie function.

Author Guest
~
#5 | Posted: 16 Nov 2009 03:56 
Thanks for the info.

I tried inserting the following code to the bb_func_regusr.php file just above $errorMSG=$l_thankYouReg; code
deleteMyCookie();
setMyCookie($username,$user_pwd,$cookieexptime);
setCSRFCheckCookie();

But now after registering when i try to update the profile it says "You are not allowed to perform this action."

whats going on?? can you shed some light on this issue please????

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 16 Nov 2009 05:06 
Now delete all the cookies you've set :-)

Further, you shall encode password before inserting it into cookie.

setMyCookie($username, writeUserPwd($passwd), $cookieexptime);

Author Guest
~
#7 | Posted: 16 Nov 2009 05:32 
thanks!

Tried that but still I'm getting an error saying "You are not allowed to perform this action."

Both cookies are created but still getting the above message when tried to update the profile.

Any idea why this message appears ??

thanks for you help!!!!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 17 Nov 2009 09:58 
Delete your cookies before applying this.

You can view what kind of cookie is being set under Mozilla Firefox -> Tools -> Options -> Privacy - Show Cookies. miniBB's cookie format is:

username|md5_encoded_password|expiration_date

If you get such error it means the script can't read the cookie, it's set improperly some way...

Author Guest
~
#9 | Posted: 17 Nov 2009 11:16 
Hi Paul,

I finally got it working - thanks alot for your input/help - really appriaciate it.

the problem was $passwd variable didnt contain anything (yes i knw - feel really stupid now) :( :( - that was the mistake!!!
so i used this code instead :) :)

setMyCookie($username, $_POST['passwd2'], $cookieexptime);

all working fine !!! yeay!!

Thanks again!.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 17 Nov 2009 11:50 
No, it's very insecure code :-)
You must find a path to your original mistake somewhere else or wait for the new version.

Author jontrac
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 17 Nov 2009 22:16 
Paul:
No, it's very insecure code :-)
You must find a path to your original mistake somewhere else or wait for the new version.
Nice to hear that the new version is on its way. This feature is nice, I'm also very looking forward to it.

Btw, if the new version comes out, please kindly inform us the changed files. It would be much helpful for us to upgrade since we have implemented many customized modifications. :)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 18 Nov 2009 03:15 
Changed files list is always mentioned under the file "Updates History", we have it in Downloads.

Author jontrac
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 18 Nov 2009 03:50 
Paul:
Changed files list is always mentioned under the file "Updates History", we have it in Downloads.
Great! Now, we really should save a copy of the current official release. This way, using text-comparison software may give us huge advantages in seeking out the differences. This would be much easier for us to upgrade our very-customized boards. :D

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#14 | Posted: 18 Nov 2009 07:35 
We have your updates history, and you should have your own. From my experience I know 99,9% of customers do not have similar changes list. That makes their lives very difficult when we talk about the upgrades.

I don't know how else we could help to maintain the customized boards ;-)

Author jontrac
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 18 Nov 2009 10:34 
Since they are "very-customized", it is really difficult to keep track of what we have changed and modified. Therefore, the easiest way that I could think of is to compare the new files with the files in previous release using text-comparison software, like CSDiff. This is how I normally figure out what exactly have changed in the new release. It is then not very hard to upgrade my board. Maybe someone would have better ways to do it.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Suggestions miniBB Support Forums / Suggestions /
 Auto sign in after registration?
 Share Topic's Link

This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑