miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

missing borders/quotes solution

Author lime
#1 | Posted: 31 Mar 2004 23:11 
Hello, I recently installed the solution for user quotes that I got from the download section.

After I put it in and tested it, I saw that it worked but now my replies have lost the border between them.

If you don't understand look here.

There should be lines dividing the replies. The index page shows proper divisions between topics as you can see here here but it seems only the replies have become distorted.

Can anyone help me with fixing this problem? What code or template do I have to modify to fix it so I have borders again?

Thanks

Author fruitfly
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 1 Apr 2004 05:10 
The things I would check is 1) the template for the main posts area (I'm sorry, I can't remember just which template it iss 2) I'd check your style sheet, make sure the borders are on for the class that it uses.

Author lime
#3 | Posted: 1 Apr 2004 07:45 
I finally fixed it. I double checked all the files I had to change and noticed that the problem was in main_posts_cell.html

I had copied and pasted the instructions from the readme which was this:

<td valign=top width="85%"><small>{$l_posted}: {$postDate}{$editedBy}{$viewIP}<br><script language="JavaScript">getQuotation('{$posterName}');</script>{$allowed }<div align=left><br>{$posterText}</div></td>

But since that was actually for an older version of miniBB, it didn't have a class for the cell.

I changed it to:
<td valign=top width="85%" class=caption1><span class=txtSm>{$l_posted}: {$postDate}{$editedBy}{$viewIP}<br><script language="JavaScript">getQuotation('{$posterName}');</script>{$allowed }</span><div align=left><br>{$posterText}</div></td>

to include class=caption1 and change <small> to <span class=small>

Hint to team: you may want to update the readme in the soluserquotes.zip package, or even if you don't, a note in the desription of the download might be helpful to other users.
=)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 1 Apr 2004 10:14 
lime
It's third party solution, so we are not responsible for it.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 missing borders/quotes solution
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑