| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Problem with Admin Login on IIS

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author gun68
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 22 Mar 2003 13:51 
Hi,
after installation, I have problem to login for the first time as administrator. I return to the same page with the message "You need to enter your admin login to view this area".
My server is Windows2k. I have read posts in ARCHIVE by KAWI9365, that seems to have the same problem, but I have not understand where I must put the Php script.
Can you help me ?

Thanks.

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 25 Mar 2003 10:20 
Currently, there is no solution for this. Wait for the next version, where this problem must be fixed.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 24 Apr 2003 17:06 
I have the same problem in login on the win2k server

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 25 Apr 2003 10:32 
It must work in new miniBB version. Set $metaLocation='go'; in setup_options.

Author gilian
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 6 May 2003 13:32 
I have the same problem.

Installed version 1.6, Set $metaLocation='go';
still I am redirected to login page again.
Server IIS on win2000.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 6 May 2003 16:07 
Are you sure that it is set this way:

$metaLocation='go';

not this way:

//$metaLocation='go';

?

Author gilian
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 7 May 2003 09:49 
Pretty sure :)

I checked and even the cookies are not set although I allow my browser to do cookies.

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 7 May 2003 10:31 
Very strange ans sucky... Can you examine some way, is your server really setting some cookies? After months of fucking with this problem on IIS, we are ready to give up and bang it off.

Author gilian
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 7 May 2003 13:27 
It's more than strange. After examining it very close, I found out this: My IE doesn't set cookies when it is communicating with the intranet server. It sets a cookie when it communicates elsewhere (i.e. this site works). So I installed Netscape 7.2 and voilá cookies are set in intranet!
That means I can work around the problem somehow :)

The question remains, what is wrong between the communication of my browser and the IIS server?

But the good news for you is that the board works fine with IIS, when I don't use IE 6.0 on my machine. Cause weird but true it works with IE of my boss'es comp.

I will use NS 7.2 now, lol.

Author Team
8-)
#10 | Posted: 7 May 2003 13:34 
So, it is working on IIS with $metaLocation='go'; or without it? Maybe it was really problem with your IE... try to experiment with settings. But maybe it is one more IE bug? :)

Author gilian
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 9 May 2003 10:58 
It is working on IIS with $metaLocation='go';

We investigated a bit and found out that it worked with IE 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 otogether with our IIS but stopped working when we used IE6.0 with SP1. The combination IE 6.0 with SP1 and our server results in the effect that the cookies aren't set. :-s
Looks like there is a bug in the servicepack.

Author Team
8-)
#12 | Posted: 9 May 2003 10:59 
gilian
Yes, SP1 is very buggy. Some JavaScript model stuff also is not working here (for example, window.opener)

Author gilian
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 13 May 2003 12:22 
They bettered to the worse? Lol

Hopefully there will follow a better patch in future. :s

Author Anonymous
#14 | Posted: 28 May 2003 06:57 
let me get this straight -

1) does IISx serves cookies?
2) does IEx + sp.. accepts cookies?

(I would say so, wouldn't you?)

3) they seem not to serve/receive miniBB's cookies (correctly)?
4) what's special about miniBB's cookie compared with a "normal" cookie?

5) your answer, TEAM?

Author Anonymous
#15 | Posted: 28 May 2003 07:02 
BTW, I am not blaming somebody, either MS or miniBB.

I am just saying our users (like myself) have a problem here, which can be solved, I think ;).

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Problem with Admin Login on IIS
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑