Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Compiler not working correctly?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 17:13 
One question regarding $userInfoInPosts...
Is the order of entries important?
Just trying everything before I send you the original package...

Steve

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 17:54 
Have tried to send you the files, but gmail keeps rejecting them...
I'll do a Dropbox upload for you.

Anyway, the only issue I seem to be left with the that when I click on a user name within a post (the user that posted it) I get the Sorry! This profile doesn't exist anymore. Message.
However, if I log in as admin, and use the Admin panel to search users they are all there, and I can see their profiles, etc.

But, this only happens for old users.
If I add a new user, and make a post, I see the user's details when I click on that user name.
And the user is entered in the same SQL DB as all the other users, and is numbered with the neat available ID number.

Does any of this make any sense?

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#33 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:13 
Steve Shaw:
So do I need to update this too?
If you have this add-on installed — yes, you do.
Just overwrite addon_anti_guest.php from default add-on package.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#34 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:14 
Steve Shaw:
One question regarding $userInfoInPosts...
Is the order of entries important?
As I've mentioned above already — the order is not important for this setting.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#35 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:19 
Steve Shaw:
Hm... wondering to know what it says? What error message do you get?

Steve Shaw:
But, this only happens for old users.
If I add a new user, and make a post, I see the user's details when I click on that user name.
Not sure I understood this detail; so you have sort of older database, and you use now the newer script over to the older database without even upgrading database for being compatible with it? In this case, some things could not work straight.

I need to determine the nature of the error, and here's how you could debug it:

1) Modify setup_mysqli.php — find this line:

//echo "!-- ".$sql." --><br />";
change to this (enable it):

echo "!-- ".$sql." --><br />";
2) Now open the link which wouldn't work earlier. On top of page, it should bring an output of SQL commands.

3) Look out for all commands having '***_users' table listed (your version will have a different prefix).

4) Analyze these commands. If you couldn't find something related to your database, post them here. You already have posted the DB structure, so I could compare on my own.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:43 
As for my DB error — If I make the edit to setup_mysqli.php, and open the forums I see this code:

[Removed for security reasons by Paul]

But — when I click on an old User Name, to show the Sorry! This profile doesn't exist anymore. error message with minibb, I see no other error message at all...

Does that make sense?

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#37 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:47 
Steve Shaw:
Ok, I've tried it on my own, and here's the URL the Google provides:

https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BlockedMessage

To protect you against potential viruses and harmful software, Gmail doesn't allow you to attach certain types of files, including:

— Certain types of files, including their compressed form (like .gz or .bz2 files) or when found within archives (like .zip or .tgz files)
— Documents with malicious macros
— Password protected archives whose content is an archive

Types you can't include as attachments

To protect your account, Gmail doesn't allow you to attach certain types of files. Gmail often updates the types of files not allowed to keep up with harmful software that is constantly changing. Some examples include:

.ade, .adp, .apk, .appx, .appxbundle, .bat, .cab, .chm, .cmd, .com, .cpl, .dll, .dmg, .exe, .hta, .ins, .isp, .iso, .jar, .js, .jse, .lib, .lnk, .mde, .msc, .msi, .msix, .msixbundle, .msp, .mst, .nsh, .pif, .ps1, .scr, .sct, .shb, .sys, .vb, .vbe, .vbs, .vxd, .wsc, .wsf, .wsh
That is... they do not allow if the package contains a JavaScript file. OK :) now we know...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#38 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:48 
Steve Shaw:
But — when I click on an old User Name, to show the Sorry! This profile doesn't exist anymore. error message with minibb, I see no other error message at all...
Do you mean there's no output above if you click on a wrong profile, and you still see all headers output like for a working profile? Thus seeing forum header properly? Not possible... or do you mean that's just all for the output as above?

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:51 
When I first open the forum, at the top of the page I see all the code listed as text, effectively 'above' the forum page.

When I then click on the user name that generates the minibb internal error message there is no text above the forum page at all — the page displays normally, but shows the internal error message in red...

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#40 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:52 
Steve Shaw:
When I then click on the user nae that generated the minibb internal error message there is no text above the forum page at all — the page displays normally, but shows the internal error message in red...
This makes sense... let me get into the code a bit deeper. Come back soon.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 18:58 
Ummm — it has all started working correctly now...

??????

I am seeing the correct user profile when I click on the user's name — for all users, regardless when they registered.

??????

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#42 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 19:35 
Steve Shaw:
??????
If you've updated the Anit-guest add-on, it could be the reason.
Did you, actually?..

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 19:37 
No — it all started working 'before' I did that.
All I did was make the change to setup_mysqli.php, copy the errors, and the set it back...
The next time I looked, all was working!

Weird!!!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#44 | Posted: 1 Sep 2020 19:42 
Truly weird :-) But that's fine, as it frees me off from unnecessary work.

Usually something like this could be related to your server's caching issues. Caching is good, but only if it's set up properly; if not, it could bring up the issues like this... unfortunately.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Compiler not working correctly?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑