miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Switching to miniBB's default templates (old-school -> modern)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#1 | Posted: 26 Jul 2020 13:04 
Hi, Paul.

Increasingly, with each upgrade of miniBB core or add-ons, I worry about my customised set of miniBB (old-school) templates not being able to keep up. I just reported a problem resulting from my earlier installation of Mobile add-on.

Do you think I should retire the old templates? To adopt the miniBB default set, is it a just a matter of overwriting the old templates and CSS, and then re-applying any changes required by specific add-ons? I have quite a few add-ons installed ... :(

If I have over-simplified the process, please let me know -- and perhaps we may need to discuss paid custom job. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

With thanks,
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 28 Jul 2020 17:18 
marsbar:
Do you think I should retire the old templates?
You could keep all of your current default templates, as miniBB should work with them (and it worked).

BUT, if you install the Mobile add-on, then you should add to its own set of templates the new versions. By default, it uses some core templates to avoid duplicates, but in case for older templates, these things are incompatible.

I think it should not be difficult and long to arrange all templates you have with common ones, so feel free to contact me if you get lost in them.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#3 | Posted: 8 Aug 2020 16:19 
Paul:
You could keep all of your current default templates, as miniBB should work with them (and it worked).
I am so glad you said the above, Paul -- because I almost thought my case was hopeless and that I'd have to give up on my existing set of templates -- so much work had gone into them over the years, it would have been heart-breaking.

I did a comparison of the standard templates and the mobile-specific set, and made notes of the common ones.

Thanks again for miniBB and for your wonderful support.

Good weekend--
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 8 Aug 2020 18:13 
Good to know it works for you! You are welcome :-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Switching to miniBB's default templates (old-school -> modern)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑