®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

File Uploads & Photo Albums add-ons updated

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 30 Oct 2014 23:05 
The updated versions mostly include more sophisticated images displaying for mobile devices and scanning function added to uploaded files.

File Uploads add-on includes updates in the following codes:

* addon_fileupload.php - mobile updates in popUpFU function; added `if(!defined('MOBILE')...` - condition for mobiles (different picture handling in full version opening); $ImgPop code changed (with more reference to CSS); header("Content-Disposition:...) extended to have various headers for images and binaries (`{$disposition}`); JS functions like getCSRFCookie and confirmDeleteFile will now be visible only to registered users.

* bb_plugins.code.txt - more sophisticated output for auto-generated Rules page.

* bb_plugins2.code.txt - function createThumbnail(): `if($cmg)` replaced to `if(isset($cmg) and $cmg)` in 3 places; scanFilePHP added.

* templates/addon_fileupload_rules_***.html - all updated to have <h1 class="headingTitle">...</h1> enclosed title - it will appear in the <title> tag of the Rules page as well.

* addon_fileupload_topic_thumbnails.code.txt - SORT_NUMERIC added.

* css.code.txt - a new code for pasting into the generic CSS file (related to pop-up's size and margins).

Photo album add-on has been updated to have mostly the same major changes:

- addon_pics.php - updates regarding picPopUp function; scanFilePHP function added.

Both add-ons are now available to test on the complete miniBB demo.

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 31 Oct 2014 20:46 
Seems to work well, thanks!

Author wilkinsmd
#3 | Posted: 11 Nov 2014 15:02 
I'm very happy to see this update, thanks.

A question specifically related to photos/images...

Previously, you set a size limit for images, and based on that limit you either allowed an upload or you rejected it. If you allowed it, the full image was stored on your server. A thumbnail was created for quick display but the full size image was still saved.

With mobile devices creating larger and larger photos/image files, and I don't want to reject uploads when the user has little or no control over the file size, but I also don't want to use up all my server space storing all those large files.

I'd like to see no size limit for images uploaded (well, maybe a very large limit like 10MB or 20MB), but then if it's larger than a certain size, for example 500KB or 1MB, the image gets resized automatically and the original upload is discarded, saving space on the server. I don't think it would be difficult to set a limit and if the upload is larger then reduce the dimensions and/or the image quality until it's below that size.

If this capability is not in the new version, could you please point me to the appropriate location in the code where I could do some checking and reduce dimensions? Of course, would be happy to share results.

Thanks
Mark

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 13 Nov 2014 13:30 
At first, uploaded file's size is limited in the generic PHP options, resp. upload_max_filesize and max_file_uploads. So whatever you may set in miniBB add-on, could be just lower than these options, or equal to them.

In the current version of the add-on, there's an option called $resizeBigPictures. It operates on the width and height of the image and could resize an uploaded picture to new values. Not quite about what do you have in mind, but you may play with it at least.

Author samson
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 8 Oct 2016 17:52 
Thank you for that update

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 File Uploads & Photo Albums add-ons updated
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑