Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

Integration with external DB and Session management

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Author AshD
#76 | Posted: 19 Oct 2010 17:53 
Hoping this forum is still managed.

Love the intergration walkthrough... it almost worked.
I'm intergrating into an existing custom login system on a site i'm working on and wanted to incorperate a forum into the members area. The walkthrough worked a treat, however, I not can't access admin. The admin login ID isn't '1' either which I fear is my first issue. Apart from in bb_admin.php and the points in the new bb_cookie.php (from the walk through), is there anywhere else that checks that its authorised to allow a particular user into the admin?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#77 | Posted: 20 Oct 2010 03:51 
AshD:
The admin login ID isn't '1' either which I fear is my first issue.
Yes, it should be 1. You may easily change it in the database.
Without this condition, miniBB's admin won't work. It would require too many stuff to re-program, not just bb_admin.php (which actually you should NOT touch while synchronizing members!!), but also many core files and add-ons where this condition is built-in. Just change it in database.

Author Bitfiddler
Partaker
#78 | Posted: 26 Mar 2011 06:25 
I have been using the synchronizing_minibb.html and have almost finished the integration. It is operational. Some issues

1. The creation of table uses TYPE , this is now called ENGINE
2. In my case the user_id is unique (not the username), so I have changed bb_cookie appropriately.
3. Does this have other impact inside the forums ?
4. Inside the forum, it still shows Logout and SignOut. How can I remove them. My own menu has Logout. Logging out o fteh forum (but not from the site seems confusing to users).
5. user's num of posts and number of topics fields are not getting updated. Is thsi because of point 2 ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#79 | Posted: 28 Mar 2011 03:50 
Both user_id and username preferably should be unique. Else how do you imagine a login routine having the same usernames? :) Synchronization guide mentions that user_id must be numerical besides of unique, too.

Logout link may be removed from templates/user_logged_in.html

Number of posts/topics field should be updated not regarding any of your mentioned issues. Re-check $dbUserSchema once again, it could be probably because you have put a wrong numerical index for those fields or different names.

Author Guest
~
#80 | Posted: 28 Mar 2011 05:26 
Paul, the login requires their email (which is unique). But its also private so I cant use as a username for the bbs.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#81 | Posted: 29 Mar 2011 04:46 
Ah ok then. Then you must have a unique username anyway :) Two crossing usernames on the same forum would look confusing. Good luck!

Author pamuditha
Partaker
#82 | Posted: 10 Oct 2014 10:25 
Team
Hello,
I am new to this and I need to integrate minibb with my existing website. I successfully did it as the manual mentioned properly (there I have to add additional columns to my existing user table ). Now I want to keep user data in my user table(username, password and email) and the additional minibb data in another separate table. I am asking that is it possible to edit the db_simpleSelect() function to select two tables simultaneously... ? (to take username, password and email from my user table and the rest of data from another table.) If this is a repeated question please direct me to it. Thank you very much.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#83 | Posted: 10 Oct 2014 15:34 
pamuditha:
Now I want to keep user data in my user table(username, password and email) and the additional minibb data in another separate table.
You don't have to keep this data in separate tables. The primary idea is exactly about just one table of users which you should manipulate. Then it would be meaningful for resources and speed.

pamuditha:
I am asking that is it possible to edit the db_simpleSelect() function to select two tables simultaneously... ?
You are just trying to create a difficult thing from quite a simple one. The answer is: yes, it's possible; but it's not your case. The things should be organized in another way.

Author pamuditha
Partaker
#84 | Posted: 10 Oct 2014 17:53 
Paul
Thank you very much for replying me so soon, I highly appreciate it.

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Integration with external DB and Session management
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑