Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

Integration with external DB and Session management

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author davebytes
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 23 Jun 2005 23:14 
I just read up on the WordPress integration -- kinda cool. I actually would have gone the other direction, which is to make readers/commentors bb users only, and leave the user login of WP >just< for Admin folks.

I'm currently looking to add a bb to my site (CHAITGEAR), and will have to dig into miniBB further to see how it compares. Looks cool so far!

-d

Author Team
8-)
#17 | Posted: 24 Jun 2005 00:24 
davebytes
That would be cool if you can try it out. I actually would have gone the other direction, which is to make readers/commentors bb users only, and leave the user login of WP >just< for Admin folks. - I think, it is possible. It is possible to do forums' sign up, and users will be registered in WordPress database just as usual users with no administrative privileges, by default.

Yeah, and the news went faster than we update this thread.

For those who don't know, are links:
Complete step by step solution
Quick Solution

Author luis
#18 | Posted: 11 Jul 2005 03:00 
how can i disactivate all cookie stuff from minibb?

Author Team
8-)
#19 | Posted: 11 Jul 2005 12:31 
bb_cookie.php is the file which stores all cookie operations.

Author luis
#20 | Posted: 11 Jul 2005 22:08 
so, i should delete it?

i got a free personals site, and i integrated miniBB with the existing users data, but i have problem with the log-in, when you try yo log-in (as a simple user) it says username and password dont match.

my site uses just 1 session-cookie..

Author Team
8-)
#21 | Posted: 11 Jul 2005 23:11 
If you are PHP programmer, you will understand well what bb_cookie.php file does. No, you can't delete it - but you can fix cookie setting function so it sets and reads cookie based on your data.

Author luis
#22 | Posted: 16 Jul 2005 00:22 
team, theres a way to change md5 encription to password encription ?

Author luis
#23 | Posted: 16 Jul 2005 00:31 
obviously, i'm talking about the password php function...

Author Team
8-)
#24 | Posted: 16 Jul 2005 21:04 
bb_cookie.php is still the file handling all password encoding (function encodePwd() )

Author Anonymous
#25 | Posted: 28 Aug 2005 03:08 
how do i use $useSessions=

Author Team
8-)
#26 | Posted: 29 Aug 2005 16:38 
$useSessions option could be used only separately. For integrating with another script, you still must edit bb_cookie.php according to your sessions authorization.

Author kaolin fire
#27 | Posted: 21 Dec 2005 12:28 
Just wanted to say that tutorial rocked. Thanks!

I wound up gutting the session code and just putting the required fields based on the user info I was already loading dynamically... and I've sort of stomped all over the templates and a few other things, but still--after four hours banging my head over integrating phpBB, miniBB was a dream!

Subtitled Japan -- forums! ( haitch tee tee pee : //subtitled-japan.com/forums/ )

Author drift82
#28 | Posted: 4 Jan 2006 19:20 
Call me crazy, but is anyone going to develop a Wordpress plugin / custom version of minibb that would make it easier to do this stuff? This seems to be the best forum software out there...

Author Team
8-)
#29 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 07:43 
See my post from 24 Jun 2005 00:24 above, quicky man. There are 2 links.

Author BartAfterDark
Partaker
#30 | Posted: 16 Jan 2006 19:42 
Hello.
I'm a bit new to this. But the guide posted here. Does it use the WP userDB or the miniBB userdatabase?

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 Integration with external DB and Session management
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑