®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

Release of mSpell: The Spell Checker addon for miniBB

Author Team
8-)
#1 | Posted: 19 Apr 2006 01:24 
This addon enables spell checking capability, when posting and editing forum messages. The addon is tested and works in the Internet Explorer 6.x, FireFox 1.x and Safari 1.x. It features a valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional code and can also be used for any external text forms.

The addon requires(!) Pspell/Aspell PHP library to be installed on your server (if you don't have it installed, check aspell.net for installation packages and instructions). It can be used with any languages as long as they're supported by Pspell/Aspell PHP library.

If you need this addon, but having problems configuring Pspell/Aspell library on your server, you can contact us through this form for additional paid support regarding Pspell/Aspell installation.

Author Moony
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 7 Oct 2006 04:24 
Is there a possibility to install Russian spell-checker?

By the way, there is English spell checker in the new Firefox.

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 7 Oct 2006 04:26 
Moony
yes, you can install any kind of languages in this spell checker as long as you have corresponding Aspell dicitionaries installed on your server..

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 7 Oct 2006 04:37 
Just to let everybody know, we've updated the mSpell addon recently. All files from the package, except for the language pack (which, by the way also includes french language file now), have been updated. Some minor issues were fixed, mostly - incompatibility issues with the Private Messaging addon.

Here's the link to the mSpell package in our Downloads section: addon mSpell download

Author Februs
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 10 Mar 2011 13:04 
It seems to work well except it brings up the word:

I've

as in "I have" as a mis-spelt word, is there any way to stop that happening?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 11 Mar 2011 04:24 
Sorry, we didn't get the clue of what you are about. Could you be more precise please in describing your problem?

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#7 | Posted: 24 Sep 2013 11:34 
Hi Paul,
Have you removed mSpell as an official miniBB add-on? I cannot seem to find it in the downloads area, tough the link in the first post of this thread still works.
- mb

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 24 Sep 2013 16:51 
Yes, we don't support it anymore. You may download it from here, correct. But it has no support.

Any modern browser may have spell checker built it, f.e. Mozilla Firefox has it by default... I suppose, other browsers, too. It is much better to have spell check enabled right as you type, not to verify the text using extra click and pop-up, thus it is not supported by many servers and will require lots of extra stuff to turn on. Client side also brings more speed and efficiency comparing to server addons. Too difficult, too long story. If you have other suggestions, let me know.

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 Release of mSpell: The Spell Checker addon for miniBB
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑