®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Unable to register new user

Author t8024328
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Apr 2003 11:33 
My friends cannot get registered..a message said :Unable to register new user. Possibly username or email already taken, or admininistrator info isn`t filled, yet.
Username and user are not already taken and I think Admin info are fill in right...what can I do?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 2 Apr 2003 11:45 
Which way have you installed the board? Manually or via phpmyadmin or something? You need admin info to be written - check, if you have user with ID=1 in database.

Author jmahon
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 8 Apr 2003 01:57 
I had this same problem!!!

All you must do is goto your admin panel and click restore admin profile or database, whatever it is..This will fill out a default profile for you. Then you can edit it furthur. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the reason you can't create another user is because it looks at the admin profile first because it, in a way, favors the admin so it checks that then it checks all the other user profiles first so someone doesnt use the admin's email or something.

Author Anonymous
#4 | Posted: 18 Nov 2003 04:02 
Has anyone had the following error before:

Error in user data: Unable to register new user. Possibly username or email already taken, or admininistrator info isn`t filled, yet.

I am still setting up my database and I am the only user. All usernames are still available since there are none. What does it mean that the administrator info isn't filled yet?

Thanks!

Author fruitfly
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 18 Nov 2003 06:38 
In the setup_options have you filled in the admin info yet, where it says

$admin_usr='';
$admin_pwd='';
$admin_email='';

Is that info set yet?

Author AndrewG
#6 | Posted: 18 Nov 2003 18:21 
Yes, I put that in there. Was poking around last night and where it had the items listed for valid username characters, there was a space in there. I deleted the space and voila! She's up and running.

Great stuff! thanks for the help.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 21 Dec 2004 08:55 
I have the same problem..
For registration, please fill form below. * - Necessary fields
Error in user data: Unable to register new user. Possibly username or email already taken, or admininistrator info isn`t filled, yet.

I think everytink its correct.

Any help ?
Thank you and sorry about my english!

Author Team
8-)
#8 | Posted: 21 Dec 2004 10:37 
This error could appear:

1. If you have no user (admin) with ID=1 in database (this could happen when you installed the board manually via .SQL file).
2. If you already have user with the same nickname.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 15 Apr 2012 15:34 
I have register an new User, and become this Error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /xxx/forums/bb_func_checkusr.php on line 19

The new User is in the DB, no other problems . eMail an new User and Admin is send and new User can login

Where could be my fault ? (MiniBB 3.0)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 17 Apr 2012 09:47 
The error comes in $disallowNamesIndex. I suppose you have a mistake in this configuration of setup_options.php. Not sure which one.

Author Jaime
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 17 Apr 2012 11:59 
Interesting, thanks for your note. I've only set $disallowNames (Basic) and //$disallowNamesIndex not set.
The new user name consists of three words ... y ... The letter y is the middle word of the user name.
Anonymous ( is in $disallowNames), can this be the problem ?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 18 Apr 2012 12:10 
As it's set by default, you should leave an empty array, not to comment it out completely.

$disallowNamesIndex=array();

Author Jaime
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 18 Apr 2012 17:13 
Thanks Paul, that's it. No more errors

Author Guest
~
#14 | Posted: 18 Apr 2012 22:05 
no more errors! great support

FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Unable to register new user
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑