Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /  

External Post Insert

Author Guest
~
#1 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 09:23 
Hi,

I have a script completely independent from miniBB that does its own insertions into the database through some form. What I want to do is give the user the option to select a check box in the form and have what the user submitted using this form posted to miniBB automatically.

I found this topic, which helped a bit but it's very old.

What I want to know is how miniBB does its MySQL insertions. In which file is the Insert statement written? and whether it is using triggers since MySQL has triggers now? :)

any one got an idea...

Thanks

Mahmoud

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 13:08 
I can only promise that miniBB never will use triggers, or something which is not required for running such a simple program as forum program. So there are no triggers.

miniBB completes mySQL insertions through the function called "insertArray". Searching files for that word you will find all scripts which do that.

However for your script, you don't need such function included. Just analyze the structure of miniBB topics and posts table. It's very simple. You need to force your script just to insert all fields in those tables properly, via your own insertion mechanism, which doesn't matter in this case a lot.

Author Guest
~
#3 | Posted: 24 Mar 2011 04:56 
Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply...will take a look at the tables structure as well as the insertArray function just to get a full picture

Hopefully I'm gonna be able to make this work properly :)

Best Wishes,
Mahmoud

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 24 Mar 2011 11:08 
Once again: you don't have to investigate insertArray function for this. Just use your own very regular mySQL's INSERT command.

Author Mahmoud
#5 | Posted: 9 May 2011 01:06 
Done!

and yes insertArray investigation is not necessary...I just used own INSERT like you described.

Thanks a lot Paul

Best Regards,
Mahmoud

Author Jerome78
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 9 Jun 2011 07:51 
Yup..!
Thanks Paul for guiding...Thanks once again...

Master Class miniBB Support Forums / Master Class /
 External Post Insert
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑