miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Displaying additional info for sticky topics

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author andreasm
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 17 Feb 2007 04:56 
Now, I use that code to make sticky text bold:

/* displaying sticky topics bold */
function parseTopic(){
if($GLOBALS['cols'][7]==1)
{ $GLOBALS['topicTitle']='<strong>'.$GLOBALS['topicTitle'].'</strong> '; }
else { $GLOBALS['topicTitle']=$GLOBALS['topicTitle']; }
}

That's all. No modifications in file main_last_discuss_cell.html are needed.

Author jontrac
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 25 Nov 2009 11:47 
Paul:
That will not work for latest discussions. Additional code changes in bb_func_ldisc.php are required.
Dear Paul, could you please instruct us how to make it work for latest discussions? Much appreciated your help!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#18 | Posted: 25 Nov 2009 13:30 
I'm not sure if my reply is not outdated (3006). This could work for latest discussions in the latest miniBB. Try it...

Author jontrac
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 25 Nov 2009 21:45 
Dear Paul, unfortunately, it does not work for the latest discussions. I've been getting around the bb_func_ldisc.php but no hope. Wish I have some programming knowledge. :(

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#20 | Posted: 26 Nov 2009 04:06 
Well, sticky topics will not be displayed under Recent Topics section at all? if you are trying to implement that code. They are not simply included in the execution of the recent discussions sql-request, in general.

For such purpose you may have "super-sticky" add-on which we're distributing on a paid basis only by request. It allows to "stick" some topic above all other sticky topics and above Recent Topics section, too, putting it in a different color, look etc. $12.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Displaying additional info for sticky topics
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑