miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Polls

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#31 | Posted: 26 Jun 2008 03:51 
Vishal
I have fixed the code in the mentioned thread, you may try it. Yes, if you apply the provided solution, the Poll may be displayed in the Checker's queue, and since it is based on JavaScript, that causes the JavaScript which Checker uses. I've updated the solution so it simply removes Poll's JavaScript, if it exists, and replaces it by "[POLL]" which you may edit on your own wish. I've tested it on my side and it absolutely works.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 26 Jun 2008 05:16 
Thanks a lot Paul! It's working :)

Author Vishal
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 5 Aug 2008 21:23 
Some people forget to add the Poll code to their post after creating the poll. When I try to edit their post and add the poll code [POLL=POLL_ID], the poll is not displayed and the code is displayed as it is without being encoded.

Author tom322
#34 | Posted: 5 Aug 2008 22:58 
I tested it and it seems to work OK (at least in strict mode). Maybe you're trying to paste the poll in forum messages (instead of the first message of the topic) when it's set in scrict mode?

Author Vishal
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 5 Aug 2008 23:49 
I tested it again and it worked! I swear I tried twice earlier and it showed the code as it is.

BTW, what is strict mode?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#36 | Posted: 6 Aug 2008 03:22 
Strict mode builds around $onePollInTopic option. It allows only one poll per topic (Create button is visible only when creating new topic, poll code is not visible in the list, from the list the script redirects right to the poll's topic); false otherwise (allows as many polls per topic as possible, the same poll could be pasted in different messages, poll code is visible to everyone etc.)

So if it worked again you need to catch a condition when it doesn't work ;-) I have no ideas what would cause it.

Author Guest
~
#37 | Posted: 25 Feb 2009 23:27 
Hi Paul,

is there a way to download the polls data ?

Thanks
Riley

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#38 | Posted: 26 Feb 2009 02:43 
Riley:
is there a way to download the polls data ?
I'm not really sure what do you mean?

Author Guest
~
#39 | Posted: 26 Feb 2009 14:24 
Hi Paul

thanks for the reply, what i mean is when there has been quite a number of votes for a given poll, is it possible for the forum administrator to download the statistics for that poll and use it for some marketing purpose?

Thanks
Riley

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#40 | Posted: 26 Feb 2009 14:31 
Riley: if you enter the Polls list as an Admin of forums, near each Poll's title you should see a "Statistics" link. It provides the list of users voted, their chosen voting options, IP address and the dates. This is the only choice so far for Statistics. If you mean some other feature how do you see it, let me know and I'll tell if it's possible.

Author Guest
~
#41 | Posted: 27 Feb 2009 02:56 
Paul

Is it possible to download the statistics that you mention above ? i mean, the statistics can only be viewed on the screen, but is there a way to download these statistics so that they can be imported in marketing software for example.
Just let me know and thanks for your prompt response
Riley

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#42 | Posted: 27 Feb 2009 03:46 
It's not possible in the current version.

You could get the statistics directly from the database. Use phpMyAdmin or other tool, all results are stored in the 'minibbtable_polls_votes', making a simple SQL request you could get out all the data you need and export it.

Author Prince
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 11 Aug 2011 18:01 
Hello,

Is that possible we add some extra functions in Polls to set users have like more than: "50" Posts can vote?

Regards,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#44 | Posted: 11 Aug 2011 19:01 
I suppose, the option you need, is already available in addon_polls_options.php.

$votingLimitPosts=0; //only users who have made at least 'votingLimitPosts' forum postings can vote in Polls.

Author Prince
Partaker
#45 | Posted: 11 Aug 2011 20:28 
Paul:
I suppose, the option you need, is already available in addon_polls_options.php.
Thanks I was lazy to look, I thought there is no such thing. :)

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Polls
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑