miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Private Messages

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#16 | Posted: 10 Jul 2007 07:03 
There could be a way, but it requires custom programming (which is paid on our side). The algorithm is: after user signs up, PM folders / fields are automatically created; then the script uses PM sending function which "sends" a PM to this user with pre-specified text. This feature is not available in current PM module's version.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#17 | Posted: 10 Jul 2007 10:34 
I have a proposal from one of our customers regarding this feature too, so I'll try to work on it during a week and maybe you'll be able to get another extended version of the PM addon just downloading and updating it from your customers area ;-)

Author Anonymous
#18 | Posted: 13 Jul 2007 17:17 
Receive notifications through email if somebody sends me a private message.

How do you make it default "checked" for new members?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#19 | Posted: 24 Jul 2007 11:26 
If you are using mySQL module, you just need to make 'enablePemail' 1 by default.

If you are using filesbased module, it will require a bit more changes.

In addon_pmail.php find the line which says

if(file_exists($psettFile)) include($psettFile);

you need to extend it to:

if(file_exists($psettFile)) include($psettFile); else $enablePemail=1;

Then edit the file addon_pmail_funcfl.php and locate the function calculateMessages. In this function, there is only one place which declares

$enablePemail=0;

change it to:

$enablePemail=1;

I've not tested it in full but hope this will help...

Author Anonymous
#20 | Posted: 25 Jul 2007 05:44 
if(file_exists($psettFile)) include($psettFile);

There are two lines that say this. Do I change both lines?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 25 Jul 2007 08:24 
You need to change it only ONCE. Somewhere 3 lines above the line which is needed to change, there is a condition if($step=='inbox'){

In the new upcoming version of PM addon there will be only one place definitely where to change it...

Author SamSam
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 5 Dec 2007 13:49 
How Can Admin Check User's Private mail ?

I want to know how Admin can check Users Pmails ! ????

Author tom322
#23 | Posted: 5 Dec 2007 15:09 
I want to know how Admin can check Users Pmails ! ????

Do you mean private mails? But shouldn't they be.. private..

Either way, I think it's possible to do it directly from database (using PHPMyAdmin, for example).

Author SamSam
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 8 Dec 2007 12:22 
Either way, I think it's possible to do it directly from database (using PHPMyAdmin, for example).
thank's
So Could you explain for me ?

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#25 | Posted: 8 Dec 2007 18:26 
phpMyAdmin is software used for creating and maintaining MySQL databases. You can use it to access your forum's database and gain access to the information you want.
If you are the admin of your web server, visit the official phpMyAdmin site for more information; otherwise, contact your web host's tech support for advice.
All the best -
mb

Author SamSam
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 9 Dec 2007 14:55 
phpMyAdmin is software used for creating and maintaining MySQL databases. You can use it to access your forum's database and gain access to the information you want.
If you are the admin of your web server, visit the official phpMyAdmin site for more information; otherwise, contact your web host's tech support for advice.
All the best -
mb

Thank you so much my dear @

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#27 | Posted: 11 Dec 2007 07:32 
Very strange question...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#28 | Posted: 11 Dec 2007 10:10 
phpMyAdmin would work only if you have private messaging add-on set up using mySQL mode. For files mode, you will need to locate PM in th defined folder locating by user's ID and message ID.

Author Anonymous
#29 | Posted: 10 Jan 2008 23:04 
I have all pmail's file but I don't know how to install them...?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#30 | Posted: 11 Jan 2008 04:51 
Installation instructions are in README.txt of the package.

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Private Messages
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑