miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Setting up time difference / zones ( $timeDiff setting )

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author tuvi
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 21 Dec 2005 23:39 
thanks for the code...

That gives me the idea of basically adding anything... in a variable... through bb_plugins.php...

Again, thanks...

Author Team
8-)
#17 | Posted: 22 Dec 2005 13:02 
That gives me the idea of basically adding anything... in a variable... through bb_plugins.php... - that's our main idea, too.

Author Ojlert
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 2 Jan 2006 19:52 
In general, what do you mean by "if one chooses to display"? We have no such setting for individual users...

Not for individual users, but for the entire forum. It is written in the manual that one can change the forum time by changing / adding a variable.

The script uses the server time everywhere and if one changed that variable the script would modify the server time by a couple of ohurs everywhere.

Author Team
8-)
#19 | Posted: 3 Jan 2006 12:03 
Ojlert
If you mean this, it affects performance of course, but only a little bit. Everything depends on your hardware anyway - converting dates for each post could be a difficult task for small server.

Author Ojlert
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 19:08 
Okay, thanks. I have shared hosting so I don't know about the hardware.

Author Team
8-)
#21 | Posted: 5 Jan 2006 19:55 
Well, then I would recommend only one: try it and see it yourself :) There is always a way back.

Author SamSam
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 23 Dec 2007 04:59 
I know how to set the time, but I was confused about it,
My country is iran and +3:30 GMT
But I don't know how to set time, anyone knows how can i set it ? ;)

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#23 | Posted: 23 Dec 2007 14:13 
Where is your web server located? Find out the time difference in hours between you and the location of your server, then multiply the difference by the number of seconds in an hour (which is 3600).

Example: if your local time is 2 hours ahead of your server time, then the time difference you need to set is 7200 (i.e. 2 x 3600 seconds = 7200 seconds). If your local time is 2 hours behind your server time, then set the time difference as a negative value (i.e. -7200).

All the best -
marsbar

Author SamSam
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 24 Dec 2007 03:30 
All the best -
marsbar

thank you so much my dear @};-

Author Persian
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 30 Jul 2008 01:03 
my server time with my country diference 12 Hour!
I put this : $timeDiff=43200;
its ok but (For Example) now in my country is 10:30 AM, (30 Jul 2008) that showing 22:30 PM
if I changed it into $timeDiff=-43200;
it's showing one day ago and pm! 22:30 pm (29 Jul 2008)
I confused...how can i set it to be AM Now az same my contry time!

any fix?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#26 | Posted: 30 Jul 2008 03:01 
So what's wrong? Having 12 hours difference it's logical that there will be a "one day ago" time. For example now in Europe we have 11 AM Wednesday July 30, but in countries which are 12 hours in front of us, let's say Hawaii, there is still 10 PM of Tuesday July 29.

It seems you are overloading my patience and spending my time with the same questions which you repeat on our forums constantly. If you are learning, learn yourself, we are not teachers and not trainers here. I am sure you already asked about the same topic here. Be careful else we will completely ban your QTEL network.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Setting up time difference / zones ( $timeDiff setting )
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑