miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Is there a way to have two, or more multiple admins, and grant regular user admin rights?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next »

Author vidir
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 15 Jun 2002 10:44 
Hey
I need to know if it's possible to make two admins, and how?

Author 4days
Champi0n
#2 | Posted: 15 Jun 2002 18:22 
if they're both trusted users, couldn't you give them both the admin username/password?

Author vidir
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 15 Jun 2002 18:35 
yeah, but I'm one of them and the other one wants to have his user as an admin, and I feel that way too. So I don't have to have two users.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 17 Jun 2002 10:18 
vidir
Like in our boards, we both (Paul and Sergei) are using this "Team" nickname. With no problem :)

Author PeKa
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 17 Jun 2002 12:24 
vidir
Best use Admin as a Status, not as a person. Just use admin when you need it, best do postings with a username, unless you have a good point to use your Admin nick.

You could edit bb_specials.php to give yourself and your friend a special user rank that would identify you two, I did that on my board and it works out pretty well :)

Author vidir
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 17 Jun 2002 14:59 
Well then I have to live with it :o)
Then I have to change the name of my admin-user, how do I do that?

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 17 Jun 2002 15:55 
vidir
In setup_options, then restore admin info in Admin panel.

Author vidir
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 17 Jun 2002 16:55 
Thnx :o)

Author lun4
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 2 May 2003 19:55 
How can i add more than 1 admin to my forum! ? So that im not the only admin.

Author mmx
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 3 May 2003 17:37 
are you sure you do not need Moderators? - see manual for those. Adding new admins is not trivial.

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 5 May 2003 10:14 
Adding second admin is impossible.

Author Gordon Werner
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 10 Mar 2005 04:06 
continued...

Good evening ...

Is it possible to have multiple administrators on a forum? or do I just need to make them Moderators and name them Administrators?

Thanks

Gordon

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 10 Mar 2005 09:10 
yes, make them mods, but take care: they only have the rights for assigned forums. so you have to assign each mod to each forum (if needed). but they don't have access to the admin area to ban users or ip's, they can't create a forum nor change it. this is task for real admin.

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#14 | Posted: 10 Mar 2005 10:52 
Power to the people - yes. All the power to the people - no.

They could organize a revolution, which is not very smart to allow them to :) :) :)

Author Fritzek
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 10 Mar 2005 11:57 
He Ivan
Voltaire has couldn't say it better ;)

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Is there a way to have two, or more multiple admins, and grant regular user admin rights?
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑