miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Modifying header or footer / adding or removing menu links at the top navigation

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#16 | Posted: 6 Jun 2005 01:15 
G'day, blade. If memory serves me correctly, it is main_header.html you need to edit.
All the best -
mb

Author blade
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 9 Jun 2005 00:08 
How then do i remove the Manual? is there a setting for this in the settings file? i dont see it there.

Author Team
8-)
#18 | Posted: 9 Jun 2005 00:18 
Remove {$l_menu[4]} from the template mentioned above.

Author blade
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 9 Jun 2005 02:23 
i think it would be a good idea to make it an option in settins in the next version. some websites have well informed users.

perhaps even adding a system that adds custom menu items automatically. this owuld help with making miniBB EVEN easier to intergrate. specially for those that build entire sites around the system

Author Ivan
Advanced Member
#20 | Posted: 9 Jun 2005 08:36 
???

Author Team
8-)
#21 | Posted: 9 Jun 2005 16:36 
I don't know in general, what is MORE easier than non-destructing editing of the HTML TEMPLATE? You may design your layout however you want - add something, remove something etc. It's a freedom of our software - it may look not like any other bulletin board.

I don't think we will add any special options here.

Author Stellium
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 28 Jul 2005 04:32 
Hi Everyone! I am setting up my new MBB currently...

How can I change the separators ("-") between Menu items.

I deleted {$l_sepr} in main_header.html but this only removes the FIRST separator.

Where do the others come from...???

Cheers

Author Team
8-)
#23 | Posted: 28 Jul 2005 09:22 
setup_options.php - $l_sepr

Author Stellium
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 28 Jul 2005 12:27 
Thank you! Great Project!

Author Anonymous
#25 | Posted: 24 Aug 2006 15:56 
The webhost I use requires a banner ad at the top of each page. Where can I position the script for the ad in index.php?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#26 | Posted: 24 Aug 2006 18:51 
We recommend to paste some code in templates/main_header.html instead. It's not the best idea to destruct the core script.

Author Anonymous
#27 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 02:22 
4 Oct 2006 08:16 - Attached on mergeing:
How to Make a Couple of Changes

By far, your work surpasses the others out there...Thanks. My inexperience necessitates this request. I would like to know:
1)Where to go (how to) eliminate the "Language" link entirely from the pages.
2)How to change the link "FAQ" to go to my own HTML FAQ page and not the miniBB instructions
3)How to change the link "HOME" to read something different ... "Forum Home" and,
4) When clicking on Statistics I see "This forum is admiinstered by"....I would like my name to appear there as well as for the Moderator line.
Any help is appreciated.
Larry Lachance
Larry01@attbi.com

Author Team
8-)
#28 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 10:32 
1) In a template main_header.html, remove $l_menu[8]
2) Edit manual.html
3) Edit $l_menu[0] in [language].php
4) Actually, administrator's nickname appears there. Administrator is the only one super-user of the forums, which can do everything. You need to be administrator for your name appearing here :) Alternatively, you can edit template stats.html and change this snippet:

<td bgcolor="{$tableParam[4]}" class=cell1 colspan=3>
<small><b>::</b> {$l_stats_admin} <a href="index.php?action=userinfo&amp;user=1"><b>{$adminInf}</b></a></small>

Author PeKa
Partaker
#29 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 12:46 
And do backups of all files you are going to change - might save you a headache ^_^

Author Anonymous
#30 | Posted: 7 Aug 2002 23:43 
Many thanks...and for the "backup" advice as well.

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Modifying header or footer / adding or removing menu links at the top navigation
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑