miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Copyright Notice, Link questions / Removing Copyright , Powered by ...

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author David Choi
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 12 Apr 2005 16:44 
Fist of all, I really liked MiniBB because it is simple, fast, powerful and convenient at the same time.

I would like to use MiniBB in my site without the copyright notice, because it will be customized to fit my design. Is this possible? Thanks!

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 12 Apr 2005 16:58 

Author chorizo
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 29 Apr 2005 09:24 
Hi, I was wondering if I'm allowed to move the link back to your page from minibb to my footer. This way it would always be visible so I'm not hiding it in any way. But It would look better.

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 29 Apr 2005 10:51 
Of course, you are.

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 10 Jun 2005 00:01 
Hi

Sorry to ask so stupid question but if I clearly understand the license MiniBB can be used for commercial purposes and stay free if we do not remove copyrights, right ?
We must purchase a license only if we want to remove this copyright from the pages, right ?

Thanks for confirming
Tom

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 10 Jun 2005 13:35 
Yes, you may use miniBB in any commercial purposes, since it is GPL, and the only copyright notice must be kept, by our conditions. But if you want to remove copyright, so visitors don't see you are using third party product, you need to buy our agreement for that, so nobody has any claims.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 10 Jun 2005 15:14 
Thanks
Tom

Author lime
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 20 Oct 2005 21:12 
Hi Team,

Am I allowed to change the look of the copyright link? Can I keep the link to minibb but just change how the text is worded? I would like to shorten the Powered by miniBB forum software to just Powered by miniBB but I need to know if it's ok before I go and change anything.

Thanks,
Lime

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 21 Oct 2005 11:08 
Keeping the link, it is allowed to put any wording here.

However, we would be glad to know, why "forum software" sentense is disliked by you ;)

Author lime
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 21 Oct 2005 17:43 
Hi and thanks Team. Actually I was going to put "Forum powered by miniBB" instead of "Powered by miniBB forum software" because I've just tried putting on google ads and they keep showing ads for forum software =/ it's a little bit annoying.

Author Team
8-)
#11 | Posted: 21 Oct 2005 17:46 
That's ok and then just keep our link.

In general, something is wrong with Google last days. Not because they are re-indexing their PR, but really strange. We on miniBB.com have lost all our cached pages, and getting almost no traffic from Google these days. A big disappointment.

Author ion5
#12 | Posted: 22 Dec 2005 12:14 
where should i go to make the same thing like you?

Author Team
8-)
#13 | Posted: 22 Dec 2005 13:05 
Edit templates/main_footer.html file.

Author ion5
#14 | Posted: 22 Dec 2005 14:17 
thanks...really apreciate this ;)

Author Liz Zil
Partaker
#15 | Posted: 8 Feb 2006 16:10 
After the recent worm infecting phpbb see link.

http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11559

I was wondering if I could change the text powered by minibb to an image.

The hacker searched google for the phrase "powered by phpbb" allowing him the list of sites to infect. Having an image with the link back to minibb would keep you off that search.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Copyright Notice, Link questions / Removing Copyright , Powered by ...
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑