miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Copyright Notice, Link questions / Removing Copyright , Powered by ...

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Team
8-)
#16 | Posted: 9 Feb 2006 09:42 
Liz Zil
Hackers also could search by links to minibb, and find your forums. Link could be removed only buying copyright removal agreement key; in any other case, just don't show version number of the software, make constant upgrades - and that's enough.

Author otto
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 4 Dec 2006 01:10 
However, we would be glad to know, why "forum software" sentense is disliked by you ;)
Ok, taste and so on :-) but I am one who liked the old one better.
I find that it said exactly what you say now plus the extra thing that MiniBB is full of power and extra it took in account that people could change it a lot and still it was the same engine.
In short, I think the old one was much more powerfull and the new one a little boring.
Sorry :-)

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#18 | Posted: 4 Dec 2006 03:47 
In short, I think the old one was much more powerfull and the new one a little boring

I didn't understand - do you mean miniBB script in general or copyright notice regarding that?

If you want to keep the reference "powered by miniBB" (or like it is in new edition, "These forums are running on miniBB"), no problem with that. What comes by default, if only for default users who are not going to change a lot :-) Edit templates/main_footer.html and remove the variable {$software} keeping only "miniBB" with link - it is also ok.

Author ed
#19 | Posted: 21 Aug 2007 13:26 
Hi there, i'm just wondering how to remove the "**my-url** community built on miniBB" link / line on the top of any topic page. its the bit where it says "**my-url** community built on miniBB" / FORUM title / TOPIC title etc etc.

I have kept the footer copyright linkback and name of minibb in the footer but im just wondering how to reomve that bit. thanks, ed

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#20 | Posted: 21 Aug 2007 14:10 
Modify setup_options.php and set up the value for $sitename setting.

Author vinni
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 26 Aug 2007 04:31 
HI

I have a small query. If i put the footer as: Powered by miniBB with the link on miniBB, is it ok?

Please confirm. I need to make the forum live on the internet.

Regards

Vineet

Author tom322
#22 | Posted: 26 Aug 2007 10:48 
If i put the footer as: Powered by miniBB with the link on miniBB, is it ok?
You'd have to confirm with a miniBB team member to be 100% sure, but I think that would be OK..

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#23 | Posted: 27 Aug 2007 12:51 
vinni
That would be OK. The most important part of the correct copyright notice is that it links back to miniBB with no additional attributes like "nofollow" etc., and it should be displayed on the forums which uses our software.

Author Trinity
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 5 Feb 2012 11:39 
Hello,
can I use in footer text Poháněno na miniBB? My forum has got Czech language.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#25 | Posted: 6 Feb 2012 11:28 
Trinity: Yes, you can.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Copyright Notice, Link questions / Removing Copyright , Powered by ...
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑