FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /   

Upgrade and Upgrading / Migrating guides

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Author jabartja
Partaker
#106 | Posted: 3 Sep 2016 13:55 
Hello,

I'm new here and have a few questions.
I'm using minnibb 1.7 and need to reinstall this on a newer system.
I did copy the files made a back-up of sql file.
Created a database with the same name.
When i start up in my browser i can see the first page with the forums.
But when i click on one of them the link will not open.
I just return to the index.php
Anyone a solution for this problem ?

Thanks already

Author Paul
Lead Developer
#107 | Posted: 3 Sep 2016 16:58 
jabartja: what you need to achieve at first, is having the forums database fully compatible with the latest miniBB version. For this, you need to use the tool named convdb.php, also, completely follow the Upgrading History and apply all updates mentioned for the database (in each version paragraph) manually.

After that, just install the new version, and plug it in with the updated database in setup_options.php. Then modify new version's templates, CSS etc. That's the only simple way.

If you have problems, just describe them more accurately. "But when i click on one of them the link will not open." - what does it exactly mean? 404 status is displayed? What is an example of the link? Do you use .htaccess and mod-rewritten links? Your questions could not be answered here, if they are not detailed.

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Upgrade and Upgrading / Migrating guides
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with our forum posting rules. If not, it may be locked or deleted with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.
↑ TOP