®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

change background color

Author trc4949
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 23 Jul 2023 20:20 
For some reason when I change the color of the css gbody attribute it does not change the background color? Why ?

https://321emoji.com/

I do a view source of the page and the default.css still shows the original background color

.gbody{
background-color:#FFFFFF;
color:#000000;
}

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 24 Jul 2023 14:50 
Not sure what do you mean, but I clearly see you have the code in default.css like you've mentioned. And your current website color is definitely white.

What you experience could be a result of CSS file caching on your server. On the server where we keep miniBB, I experience this, too. If you update the CSS file, you won't see immediate results until you fully clear the browser's cache, or check it in another browser, which previously didn't open your website, i.e. it will have no cache regarding it.

I'm not really sure where it could be changed in server configuration (and if it's possible at all on the non-root level), but the quite easy method to see the fresh CSS is adding come random string to it, or reloading CSS with hard-refresh pointing browser's URL to it directly.

E.g.:

1) in templates/main_header.html by default you have this:

<link href="{$main_url}/css/{$skin}.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
add some random number (f.e. current date):

<link href="{$main_url}/css/{$skin}.css?20230724" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
And each time you update the CSS, add new random number.

This will work in all browsers, and later after some time when the cache re-initiates, you can remove this number, leaving the original code.

2) Your miniBB CSS is located by default under /css/default.css. For example, on miniBB forum it's located here:

https://www.minibb.com/forums/css/default.css

It's also found in HTML source, and in most cases is clickable.

So, open this file in your browser directly, and RELOAD it, clicking the proper Button or Icon. You should see an updated code, and pointing the browser back to your forum or website, RELOAD it, too. Then you should see the updated results.

Inform me if it helped :-)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 change background color
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑