Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Posts edited by admin can't be edited again

Author cakeman
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:19 
For example, I take the post 1496.
Only the admin, the moderator and the author of the post 1496 can edith the post 1496. But I see a problem:
Indeed once the admin or a moderator edith the post 1496 a least one time, the author of the post 1496 can not edith the post 1496 any more ...

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:43 

Author cakeman
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:50 
Ah ok, I did not see that, that is why I was surprised

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 2 Feb 2005 10:56 
Since admin is the VIP, his thought is the last correct one ;)

Author cakeman
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 2 Feb 2005 11:03 
The Admin and the moderators have the same rights for this case.

Author cakeman
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 2 Feb 2005 11:16 
It is quite logical in fact.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 20 Nov 2007 15:11 
What does the "strike through Edit" text near checkbox do when checked and editing a post? The manual just says

"If you want to override "strike through Edit" text near checkbox, when editing a message as admin or moderator, just add $l_editLock='Mark as edited and lock post'; in your language pack (if $l_editLock variable is set, it will overwrite default setting)."

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#8 | Posted: 20 Nov 2007 16:30 
I think this is what the Manual is saying:

By default, forum staff (Moderators and Administrator) can edit a user's post and not have the post marked as having been edited. And the edited post will remain open for further editing by the original poster, for as long as set by $useredit in setup_options.php.

To mark a post as having been edited and locked by a forum staff, the staff member needs to check the "Edit" box after he/she edits a post; please note, on an actual miniBB installation, the mentioned "Edit" box is displayed with a strike-through.

Instead of the default setup, as described in the previous two paragraphs, the Administrator has the option to implement the "Mark as edited and lock post" option for forum staff to use.

"Mark as edited and lock post" is essentially forum staff saying: "label this post as having been edited by staff, and lock the post so that its original author cannot erase the changes."

The "Mark as edited and lock post" option is installed by adding the following line in the appropriate language pack: $l_editLock='Mark as edited and lock post';

Once installed, the "Mark as edited and lock post" option will override miniBB's default, or any previously set edit-related settings.

All the best -
mb

Author Anonymous
#9 | Posted: 20 Nov 2007 17:55 
Thanks

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Posts edited by admin can't be edited again
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑