miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

miniBB related updates: Memberlist add-on, Photo album add-on v.1.4, Kurdish language pack

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 13 Aug 2008 06:24 
As it was described recently, member list add-on is vulnerable to execute some XSS code. I am not sure what this gives to the hacker, anyway I recommend everybody using this add-on to update it a bit. Solution is provided in the Bugs thread; or just replace by our fresh copy from Downloads.

Photo album add-on was recently updated to the ver. 1.4 with the sponsorship of Latvian Girls Forums authors. Now it is possible to apply a Watermark to all images uploaded to the Profile (it is loaded from PNG file which is possible to modify in any graphical application), and it's possible to create thumbnails painted over some Textured background (it may be customized as well). Instead of the "Pictures" text link in the messages thread indicating pictures amount, now we replaced the code to display a little icon. You can test now these changes under our Software Test Forums or on the aforementioned forums. Also now it's possible to set a Default picture which may be used in related add-ons in the future.

Changed files for Photo album add-on are addon_pics.php, bb_plugins.code, and there are new options appearing at the end of the options file: $useTexture, $useWatermark, $useWatermarkPosition, $useWatermarkPercentWidth, $useWatermarkPercentHeight. Language pack is updated with 2 new variables.

Finally, Kurdish language pack was offered by the team of webchin.org.

Author gare
Partaker
#2 | Posted: 18 Aug 2008 15:14 
Is there a link for the upgrades if we have already purchased a previous version add-on?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 19 Aug 2008 01:30 
gare
If you have purchased premium add-ons, you should be issued a special customers area link where it's possible to download everything related to your order. Since this link is sent via an automated program, it often happens that our customers do not get it, because email filters blocked it. In that case just contact me providing your order details, and I will re-send your information manually.

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 miniBB related updates: Memberlist add-on, Photo album add-on v.1.4, Kurdish language pack
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑