miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Can't delete user

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 16 Aug 2003 20:49 
Every time I log in to my administration page and try to delete a user, i get the 'Can't delete user' message. How can I solve this? The usernames definatley exist in the database table and i can delete them manually ok. Using minidb 1.6

Thanks

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 10:27 
What ID is shown in the URL field when you are trying to delete? This error may appear:
1) When you try to remove admin with ID=1
2) When you try to remove anonymous user with ID=0
3) When user with this ID doesn't exist in database
4) When user ID doesn't set at all

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 12:39 
Hi

Thanks for your reply. The only url i can see is appended with ?action=removeuser1 but I can't see what the url is when I click the actual remove button. I know that the user I am trying to delete is in the database - in fact, any user I create cannot be deleted at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated. ( I can delete users manually by going into the database so it's not a permissions problem!)

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 12:50 
Explain me, how you are deleting user. It seems you are messing something, because you need to view this URL.

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 16:55 
Hi

I am going to the administration.php panel, then clicking Remove User, then entering their username and clciking the Remove User button.

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 17:10 
I don't understand why are you entering username if there is a message ENTER USER ID.

Author Anonymous
#7 | Posted: 18 Aug 2003 18:04 
Sorry, my mistake. I thought ID meant login - didn't realise it was different - i.e. ID number! thanks very much for your hard work and replies.

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Can't delete user
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑