miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

Including "admin" account in calculation of the Statistics

Author MarcDK
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 18 May 2003 13:17 
look at the topic.

Why is the user "Admin" not included in the statistics? Is there a way to fix this on my own?

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2003 10:45 
Because in 99% of cases "user admin" will have the most answered topics amount etc. etc. He will be the champion forever. So, this is our concept.

But if you don't like it you can change in setup_mysql request number 55 to that one:

elseif($n==55){
/*Stats Stuff - most active users*/
if(!$sus) $result=mysql_query("SELECT $Tu.user_id, $Tu.username, count($Tp.poster_id) as cnt FROM $Tu, $Tp WHERE $Tu.user_id=$Tp.poster_id GROUP BY $Tp.poster_id ORDER BY cnt DESC, $Tu.user_id DESC $makeLim ");
if($result) $row=mysql_fetch_row($result);
}

Author MarcDK
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 May 2003 09:41 
Thanx! Worked perfectly. An so simple. :)

Ok, but can I change the name "admin" to something else?

Because "admin" is not my username in the forum

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 22 May 2003 10:01 
What do you mean? Administator's name is kept in setup_options (you'll need to restore data in admin panel, if you change something).

Author MarcDK
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 22 May 2003 10:12 
Ah! I forgot to hit the "Restore" Button :) Thanx!

Author MarcDK
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 22 May 2003 10:17 
AH!!!!

After I hit the restore button I am stil able to post but the topics are not going up in the ranking an the mainpage of the forum. So if I post something my last commented post is to pushed to the top!

AHH!!!!!

Author Team
8-)
#7 | Posted: 22 May 2003 10:20 
Again, didn't understood. Have you checked probably your preferences? There are 2 options - Sort By New topics and Latest posts. Choose one, if you don't like you comments appear in some order.

Author MarcDK
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 22 May 2003 10:26 
Ok, I changed the admin name a few months ago but 5 mintutes ago I hit the "restore Admindata" button the the Admin changed his name to my Username und now the statistics how the correct name.

But AFTER I hit the button ( 5 minutes ago) all Topics are not "Pushed" to the top. Not only mine. Every member who writes something has the same problem.

And I have checked my settings and....

oh...at the time of writing I changed to "latest posts"...Mhhh, what is the default setting for that? My I have restored something? Ok, it works of again.

So if you coul dbe so kind to tell me what is the default settings for all users for this setting?

Author Team
8-)
#9 | Posted: 22 May 2003 10:33 
Default setting is defined in $sortingTopics of setup_options (read manual for more).

Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 Including "admin" account in calculation of the Statistics
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑