Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Admin login problem

Author vlieu
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 21 Oct 2020 18:38 
Hello,
I forgot my admin password, then I used its password in "setup_options.php" , but miniBB didn't allow me to login without showing any returned error.
Thank you for your help.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 21 Oct 2020 20:16 
vlieu:
but miniBB didn't allow me to login without showing any returned error
Without the error reporting, it's almost impossible to determine what's wrong. Check at least server or PHP logs...

But at first, make sure you are entering the same domain as it's mentioned in $main_url (the same file: setup_options.php). WWW-based and non-WWW domains differ at lot in terms of cookie setting. You may enter from non-www domain, for example, the script identifies you, but then it redirects to a www-version if it's set as default — but the script could not determine the cookie set from another domain.

Author vlieu
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 21 Oct 2020 21:18 
In fact, I had this database upgraded from ver 1.7 to 2.x with your help few years ago. But I've never login as admin since then, this is my first time to use admin to reset an user's password.

Author tom322
#4 | Posted: 21 Oct 2020 21:31 
Most likely you try to login from the public login form instead of the admin login page. Go to your_domain.com/bb_admin.php or whatever admin file you have to login there.

Author vlieu
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 21 Oct 2020 23:06 
Correction: your upgrade my minibb from 1.7 to 3.21.

I found the problem when I used new MS Edge, but login worked fine with Firefox.

Another question:
Currently, how do I use https for minibb? currently, it still uses unsecure http.

Thanks.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:00 
vlieu
It's hard to tell the reason while there are no error logs/reports or scenario to repeat the problem on my side.

If I did the upgrade, please contact me via email. I hope you still keep my address; otherwise use the contact form to get back.

vlieu:
Currently, how do I use https for minibb? currently, it still uses unsecure http.
It's not related to miniBB, in common. It's the question to your domain holder/server provider. HTTPS means you order or purchase a SSL Certificate, at first. Depending on your choice, it could be free, like non-profit but arguable Let's Encrypt, up to a solid and expensive Verisign, yet aligning to the middle of Comodo, GoDaddy and tons of other similar SSL providers. Having such a certificate, you or your server provider could plug it in to your domain, this will do the trick. It's not the thing which miniBB software provides.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:02 
vlieu:
In fact, I had this database upgraded from ver 1.7 to 2.x with your help few years ago. But I've never login as admin since then
Btw, it's a good point of running miniBB, proves the fact this tiny code could function for years without an administrative intrusion to it ;-)

Author Danil
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 19 Feb 2021 19:07 
vlieu
I have the same problem

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 19 Feb 2021 19:11 
Danil:
I have the same problem
For investigation of your problem, you have to supply more details, at least the browser / OS you are using. Also, do you try to login from localhost or on the live server? After trying to login, do you see any errors on the screen or what happens next?..

Author Danil
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 24 Feb 2021 16:43 
Paul
Thanks, I solved the problem

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 24 Feb 2021 17:34 
Danil:
Thanks, I solved the problem
Would be nice to know, how :)

Author Claudiu
#12 | Posted: 27 Dec 2021 23:36 
razboinici.ro/forum/index.php

Could you please help me?
After setting non-www redirect to www only, nothing works anymore. I can not even log in, post anonimously etc. You can try also

Author Claudiu
#13 | Posted: 27 Dec 2021 23:42 
Lol, I was fast :))) Solved it!
In setup_options.php I set $main_url with www in front of it

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Admin login problem
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑