®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

WordPress module doesn't work with WP 4.4

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Jon
#1 | Posted: 5 Jan 2016 03:15 
Hi, I've followed the instructions exactly -- and re-checked.
Log-in still does not work. Have there been changes to Wordpress that prevents this from working? I am using Wordpress 4.4 now.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 7 Jan 2016 20:05 
Jon:
Have there been changes to Wordpress that prevents this from working?
I'm mostly sure they were.
Wordpress changes their login routines so often that we already tired to support this all without even a brief documentation of what to change.

I'll try to check this add-on in the next few days, but couldn't promise it will be fast.
WP are truly boring with their codes, it takes a lot of annoying time to understand what's wrong... sorry for that.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 17 Jan 2016 21:43 
I've updated the basic package regarding all changes done in bb_cookie.php. I've used this module earlier for one of our customers and it worked just about a few months ago, and I believe it still works (but I'm not sure about their current WP version).

Also, I'm not sure if it works with the latest WordPress, so I'd appreciate if someone could check this out.
Thanks in advance.

Download here.

Author gangasri
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 30 Jan 2016 07:49 
thank you for information

Author epolemika
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:02 
i upgraded WP to 4.6.17 (but I perhaps the same issue with WP 4.4)
there are written
"PHP Fatal error: Class 'WP_Taxonomy' not found in /wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 384",
"PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WP_MatchesMapRegex in /wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 635" and "PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WP_MatchesMapRegex in /wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 749"
in miniBB error_log

following Paul's update there are still problems with logging in

Had anybody same problem?

Author epolemika
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:55 
epolemika
I noticed that there is some changes since WP 4.5 in taxonomy.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 14:07 
epolemika
Obviously, the module we have for older WP versions is just not compatible with miniBB's module you have. Error notices mean just that: older WP used some files which were eliminated in the newer installation.

Unfortunately WordPress changes their auth routines so often, than it becomes impossible on our side to follow this up... I could try to check out what's wrong with newer WP versions, but couldn't promise it would be fast.

Author epolemika
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 15:27 
Paul, i followed your latest instructions and replaced bb.cookies

there is chance to login in both (WP and miniBB), but when go from WP to minBB there is need to login again

I tryed modify /wp-includes/default-constants.php but it didn' t help (it made trobles to login WO)

Paul:
I could try to check out what's wrong with newer WP versions, but couldn't promise it would be fast.
thnx and no hurry

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 16:00 
epolemika
Could it be just a cookie issue? Could you try to debug the cookies WP sends - may be they are just set locally and not globally?

Author epolemika
Partaker
#10 | Posted: 11 Mar 2020 20:24 
Paul
donno
I will describe whats going on on my side:
1) when I login in WP and then go to miniBB I am not logged in miniBB (but still in WP) and cannot login in miniBB
2) when I logout in WP and then go to miniBB I am not logged in miniBB, but I can log in miniBB and when go back to WP i am still logged and i can write comments as logged in both (WP and miniBB)
3] but when I (as logged) try to go into WP-admin it outomaaticly logout in both

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#11 | Posted: 14 Mar 2020 00:43 
epolemika
Looks like it still could be a combined "cookie + new scripts" issue, but there could be also something related to your server's caching. All in all, next week I'll try to take a look at the new WP and how it handles authorization now and if it deals with miniBB, then I could conclude something... all solutions we have are just outdated.

Author epolemika
Partaker
#12 | Posted: 19 Mar 2020 10:02 
Paul
thnx for improvements

when I upgraded WP from 3.5 to 3.9 everything was fine (no probs w/ login)

i will try to make test page (WP and miniBB) going through step by step instructions

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#13 | Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:49 
epolemika:
i will try to make test page (WP and miniBB) going through step by step instructions
If you have resources available, it would be truly great from your side if, for tests, you could perform a clean WP installation and then add miniBB to it following the current manuals. And if something doesn't work, I will check it on my own then. I just don't have a lot of free time to share to this problem immediately. Thanks.

Author epolemika
Partaker
#14 | Posted: 20 Mar 2020 18:06 
Paul:
If you have resources available, it would be truly great from your side if, for tests, you could perform a clean WP installation and then add miniBB to it following the current manuals.
i did it but no luck / result.. the same issue as described above

Paul:
I just don't have a lot of free time to share to this problem immediately.
respect.. no rush

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#15 | Posted: 24 Mar 2020 16:31 
epolemika
Here are some of my testing results: I have performed the clean installation of the Apache 2.4 server, PHP 7.4.4 and mySQL 8.0.19 on Windows 10. I have installed a clean installation of Wordpress 5.3.2 and miniBB 3.4.2. I have followed all instructions to integrate miniBB + Wordpress we have currently in the related package. I have created an admin account in WordPress, and an Author account for tests. Tested in Firefox 74.0 (64 bit).

I could confirm that the logging works with the mentioned implementation, and it works both sides - I could log-in from the forum or from the WP login, and then I am logged in to the both sections. Logout also works.

So - the current solution still works with the newest release, and I suppose, it should work with the older releases (I doubt that WP team will implement some new login routine and then revert back to the old).

Regarding your problem, I could check it in terms of Premium support, or at least I have to see on my own what happens. If a default solution couldn't be used with your installation for some reason, I will not charge for it - only for some fix if needed. If you are ready to go for it, drop me a letter via Contact-Us form and I'll try to reply ASAP with details.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 WordPress module doesn't work with WP 4.4
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑