®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /  

Password Confimration does not work with Protected Forum

Author gee
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 3 Apr 2003 22:53 
When you use the "forgotten password" feature, a new password is supposed to be generated and emailed to the user. The user then clicks on a link in the email to confirm the new password.

However, when the "Protect Whole Forum" feature is enabled ($protectWholeForum = 1 in setup_options.php), the user is taken to the whole forum password page. When the forum password is entered, the confirmation page does not show and apparently the new password is not registered. Thus the user is still unable to log in.

Any ideas for some workarounds?

Author Sergei
Team member
#2 | Posted: 4 Apr 2003 18:18 
Of course, it doesn't :) and I guess we won't ever make it the other way, in terms of protected forum security. But after you've logged into protected forum, simply copy/paste url from lost-pass email to confirm.

regards,

Author Team
8-)
#3 | Posted: 4 Apr 2003 18:31 
gee
Yes, you need to be logged first into the whole protected forums, only then enter confirmation link. Not many people have this option, so maybe the best way to give users possibility not to be confused is to describe what they need to do in password email.

Author jmahon
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 8 Apr 2003 02:16 
or, wait for, i think i saw this mensioned, the next version because that will have the option to turn off emial confirmation...

i duno sorry if that was no help
-Jeremy

Author Team
8-)
#5 | Posted: 8 Apr 2003 10:31 
jmahon
Where did you see that? :) There will be no such option. Because it's already is :)

The Other miniBB Support Forums / The Other /
 Password Confimration does not work with Protected Forum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑