Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Loged in user want to add topic as anonymous user

Author matej
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 8 Sep 2018 10:10 
I tried to find this but I can't.

In my experiation it's good to allow registered user to post topic as anonymous.
(o.e. before sending the post you check the box, click and you're posting as anonymous)
User commenting as logged user.

Does miniBB have this option?

Thank you for the answer.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 8 Sep 2018 13:16 
matej:
(o.e. before sending the post you check the box, click and you're posting as anonymous)
This is not available in miniBB. To post anonymously, you just need to be logged out (and you should allow guest postings with your configuration).

I'm not sure what could be the sense of this box? Provides too much confusion.

If you mean that Guests could create new topics, but only Members could reply, this is probably possible to configure in bb_specials.php and on the add-on's level in bb_plugins.php, but I'm still not sure what's the sense of it all.

Author matej
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 8 Sep 2018 14:19 
Thank you for your answer.

I found out, that registered users prefer to post topics if they are anonymous.
Usually they don't want to expose themselves with topics.
(strange, but they comment without problem as registered users. ...that's my strong experience from some forums)

So, instead to force user to log out and post as anonymous, would be great to have option - check box to click (if they want to post as anonymous they click) and then post.

tick box sample

This logout/login procedure is annoying, especialy if the user is premanently loged in.

Author matej
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 8 Sep 2018 14:28 
Oh,
maybe I didn't expose the problem on the right way.

It's not an issue to post as anonymous.

Is it possible that the title don't shown username besides the topic.
Admin can stil see who's the author of the topic - so this is not the issue of anonymous topic!
Sorry to misled you.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 8 Sep 2018 14:44 
It seems for me to be a very specific and unusual extension. Too specific. I someone wants to make fake posts from different accounts, or being as a Guest or Member at once, it's his/her own problem and task to log in and out. It's not available in miniBB and I doubt I'll ever implement it.

matej:
Is it possible that the title don't shown username besides the topic.
Well, I suppose it could be possible to achieve, using some mods in parseMessage() function. But this would be applied to all users. I doubt that absolutely all users like to get this option.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 8 Sep 2018 15:00 
Note that all custom issues like this still could be coded and discussed following our Premium Support rates.

Author tom322
#7 | Posted: 9 Sep 2018 22:46 
matej:
This logout/login procedure is annoying, especialy if the user is premanently loged in.
They don't have to logout; they can open new window in a private mode (right-click - open new window in private mode) and either post as guest or login as another user.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 10 Sep 2018 15:13 
Good point, but not available in each browser I guess; but alternatively, there's a way to post just from different browsers.

Author Guest
~
#9 | Posted: 20 Sep 2018 15:41 
This
tom322:
they can open new window in a private mode
is always possible
but it's not a user friendly solution...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 20 Sep 2018 16:06 
Guest:
a user friendly solution
It's actually not community-friendly to post from multiple fake accounts.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Loged in user want to add topic as anonymous user
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑