®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /  

Smilies when placed within brackets...

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 27 Oct 2017 13:32 
If you place a smilie within a set of brackets, for example as the end 'character' in a sentence that ends with a following bracket, MiniBB decodes the last two characters as being the smilie, not the preceding characters.

eg.

(So, this is an example :smirk:)

In the above example :) is seen as the smilie, not :smirk:

Make sense?

Is there a way to prevent this?
I keep telling the users to always place a space between the smilie and any following bracket, but they never listen...

Steve

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 29 Oct 2017 19:50 
Steve Shaw:
Is there a way to prevent this?
I've investigated this; check /FORUM_FOLDER/img/smilies/smdesc.php file, open it for editing, then cut this definition:

':)'=>'grin.gif',
and put it at the very end of the script before the closing ); fragment. So it looks like this:

':)'=>'grin.gif',

);

?>
Just to repeat: CUT IT from the original position. It should not be defined twice.

Checked it on my end and it should prevent the case you describe. Report here if it worked, I'll fix the official add-on as well then.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 16 Nov 2017 18:19 
Yep, that works!
Thanks Paul!

Bugs miniBB Support Forums / Bugs /
 Smilies when placed within brackets...
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑