Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
2014 miniBB Support Forums / 2014 /  

July

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 5 Aug 2014 01:06 
Spinning Dancer Test

I've started this month with an old test, but not yet seen by me earlier. It's about how the right and the left parts of the brain work. This illusion is called "The Spinning Dancer", created in 2003 by web designer Nobuyuki Kayahara. As it's stated, some of viewers of this picture see it rotating clockwise (that means, the left part of the brain is involved, which is responsible for logics, calculations, art of speech)*; others anti-clockwise (that means, involved is the right brain's part, which is responsible for intuition, creative thinking, musicality and sense of orientation in space and time)*

()* - accordingly to Vladimir Pougatch.

Actually, this girl is rotating just in the imagination of the brain. Eyes perceive the silhouette, the brains interprets it. I've found an easy way to switch the rotation in both directions in a short time, supposing I could still switch on the both parts of my brain; would you find it, too?.. I would add, I get different results achieving this in time regarding different parts of the day or at different mood.

At the beginning of July, I took care of cleaning up the showcase/gallery sites from the proper miniBB sections. I must conclude the project is becoming "the last of the mohicans"... on top of the live sites are the only long-time customers whom I dealing with, and a few of my own projects. Facebook and Twitter eat everyone so far; I understand there are staying less and less "true hard-coders" and people who would and could think on their own... and/or they are lost in the mess.

I'd just would like to thank all customers staying with us for a long time at this point. The good thinking team is formed in times.

I'm mostly located in the East-side world, so I suppose the current level of education of people becoming abnormally low. In Russia, there were extremely low results on the "general exam" on the Russian language; I'm astonished to know people speaking Russian, do not know the grammar and syntax rules; this amount is about of 70% of all ending school this year. In Latvia, only about 30% of all pupils got through the general exam on Maths. Bigger part of them couldn't calculate, and probably they are mostly prepared to wash up WCs in UK and bring meals in Malay restaurants.

The Russian Internet (btw the #3 developed Internet area in the World after US and China) is blowing up now
regarding US... I am sometimes reading articles related to the modern Russian armory, and of course, without 100% knowing it's true I feel biggest part of root Russians are becoming to stay TOO OPPOSITE to Americans, this is not truly good... just about 15-20 years ago this mass was more educated. Now people, while most of them do not know their native language well, are going to come against US. Culture's swapping?..

When I shared this with one of my long time customers and active users of miniBB, here's what he replied (quoted by permission):

I guess that's better overall to have several serious customers than 100 who want to get all customization done for $20. And it's also good PR to have some serious sites working for years rather than small and spammy ones. I think FB and Twitter are temporary, ie. they are good to get some small, urgent, or general info that can be 'googled', but when it comes to more deep information then they are useless. Plus considering lack of privacy and the fact businesses now start to quickly realize that having a 'business' Facebook or Twitter website means producing content for Facebook/Twitter (not for the business) should speed up the process of getting more independent again.

You're right that younger generation is getting dumber. They are more technologically-savvy, but using a smart phone or downloading an app could be learned by a 5-year old too. Once they learn the basics, their 'development' ends. They cannot calculate to 100 because they have a built-in voice calculator ;). And they don't care... (well, I wish I had such an attitude then I would be less stressed overall in my life ;). But well, that's another advantage of miniBB - it is simple for dumbers too; considering there are many new users on my forums I very rarely see a question 'How to start a topic' or 'How to post a message' etc.; for other software such questions appear daily I guess.

I understand how Russia wants to be different from the 'garbage US culture' and I in many things agree with them. But in the long term it will be hard to be much different because America takes the easiest route and the sneakiest route - which is very appealing to ALL people (regardless the nationality). Ie. everything is allowed, there are no barriers, focus is on 'progress' and everything is centered on satisfying needs and desires. Everything is done to make life lazy, easy and 'remorse-free.' It's like in a crooked paradise - Adam, Eve, and snake. America promotes the Snake (ie. evil) and clothes it in Good/innocent clothing so that it appears evil is good and it's okay to be evil. Ps. regarding O. - this is what the US has been following for the last 6 years during his presidency. Reading news/politics almost every day I can confirm this 8-point plan is being followed to the dot. So if someone knows nothing what's going on in the US now, they can just read these 8 point and be up do date ;).
They were notes from a customer from US. Thanks.

I'd like to conclude this with an article posted on InforWars, "People Would Rather Electrocute Themselves Than Think For 15 Minutes". Like Blaise Pascal said, "All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room." The survey mentioned in this article, proposed that "people would rather self administer electric shocks than just sit in an empty room thinking for fifteen minutes". Interesting. Lots of drama.

I now know what exactly helped me to create the most rememberable steps in miniBB project, and my coding, overall. This is an empty room where noone causes me to think. And when I work, I usually sit for many hours alone, so... let's hope it makes less evil inside :)

Let's switch to one of the most exciting topic of the month, which has been posted on LinkedIn, and called "With So Much U.S. Oil, Why Is Gas $3.70?".

The most popular comment has been added by Rutger Verbruggen, International Account Manager at Olyslager Organisation BV. He proposed that americans "drive the car too much" and added: "I have a decent car and it drives over 83 kms per gallon. For trips under 3 kms, i take a bike. I suggest you start doing the same..."

Verbrugger`s Comment on LinkedIn

Mr.Verbruggen, either, didn't count on the fact the US cities may appear too far from each other; it's proposed to be the country of long distances, because it doesn't have too many comfortable places to concentrate cities like in Europe. Also, the US have a special agrocultural format, single farms could last for many miles. Overall, sometimes there is just no way to live without a car in US, if we speak about US in general, not certain cities.

Either, he just replied with a very special sense of humor from Holland.

But I was wandering why his comments gained so much negative reaction from US-citizens. "Kiss My big fat gas burning Harley-Davidson", "Take hold of your own destiny and don't look for the trucks of the world to be your salvation", "What a self-centered, dick...glad you are so perfect; without flaws", "Foreigners don't need to tell Americans how to live or what kind of car they can drive", "your King collaborated with Nazis in WWII so shut the hell up", "We don't drive European cars, because most of them are junk", "We Americans saved you sorry asses in WWII with our big engines. Go whine somewhere else." etc.

Seeing such comments, I'm neither sure what Obama meant under the "indispensable nation".

Regarding gasoline prices in Latvia, like in most of Europe, they consist of 80% tax and 20% product. It's about 5 EUR per gallon, so about $7; comparing to US, it's a double high rate, despite the country is closely located to all possible gasoline sources from Europe and Russia. This is not the end, as they promise to boost it even more.

Strage curious case with about this fact happened on the most popular Latvian news portal called "Delfi". They have published a related article, which came with a picture like this:

Against Gasoline prices in Latvia

Much later they have replaced it with another one... But wait, what was it all about? ... those people don't look even similar to Latvians! I'm still in thinking...

Continuing the cars theme, two astonishing cases passed on YouTube this month, which I'd call "Slavic Road Adventures".

One is about how it could happen in Moscow. It's about yet another BMW driver, a European car driver; I'm still not sure how he could get a driver's license, if, as they say, it has been on the account of the psychiatric clinic. You would wonder, but similar cases happen in Moscow each day, and they are not exclusive or single, or just BMW-related. People become nervous and drive too agressively in this city, that's a fact.

Another one is about how Belorussian police from Grodno stops the drunken driver. I doubt such scene could be filmed in Hollywood, 'cause it could not be repeated even by a very professional stuntman. It's not about spreading legs on trucks, it's real vodka+beer+bear in action.

..Oh God... What was happened yesterday? What happened?
...Well... I remember now what happened... HOW TO FORGET IT? God, how to forget it?..

July could not be skipped regarding news from Ukraine. They are too many and they became the truly informational war of three major powers in the world. Thus it could be called a "war of charges", but with no obvious proofs or facts. It became obvious how easy it is to lie with no possibility to be refused, because now every-one lies in the game, not just a few.

There's rather not said how many people are now dead during the war in Ukraine. They are thousands, thus tens of thousands of refugees. These facts are hidden.

But noone in the world could hide the fact of the badly famous Boeing 777 crash of Malaysia Airlines with 250+ corpses on board, which by some accident was the second for this year for this company. The first one happened in March and they still didn't find the airplane. It was MH370, now it's about MH17.

When I first heard it in news, I've thought it couldn't be a coincidence. If the world earlier hidden the fact of existing civil war in Ukraine, now it could not be hidden. This case became truly international, and most of Anglo-Saxon countries started to blame Russia, and Putin personally, despite it wasn't quite clear, how Putin could be involved in this, if the crash happened above the territory of Ukraine. It's not his territory of war.

I'd skip any suggestions who's guilty on that case, and why. There are tens of versions, including the shot of anti-aircraft from the ground, the shot from another plane, the bomb inside of the plane, and so on. One of the astonishing versions I was reading, is that MH17 is a fake version of the MH370, and the corpses inside were from that earlier flight (it's also easy to transform MH17 into MH370 on the writing itself). Well, at most I believe they were Paranormal Activities of UFOs above the Earth, who would like to add more salt and pepper to the upcoming conflict.

What I'm most likely sure, is that this case will be never finished and closed. There are now too much gamers in this story, everyone will try to pick up the best card. The game only could be stopped, excluding all gamers from the table.

The Part of MH017

There is still no hard evidence to what happened to MH17. With all the anti-Russia rhetoric, the US intelligence agencies, armed with the world's most sophisticated surveillance technology, still can not prove that Russia was responsible for the destruction of the plane.
This is coming from the blog submitted by libbyliberal and commenting yet another article, called "Are You Ready For Nuclear War?" by David North and Alex Lantier, published at the end of July. The authors propose, that

The crisis provoked by American and European charges of Russian responsibility for the shooting down of flight MH17 has brought the world the closest it has been to global war since the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962.
There's also a reference to another thinkful message of Paul Craig Roberts, published as the "Cultivation of Hate".

Notice how narrowly Washington defines "the world community." The "world community" consists of the Group of 7. That's it. Seven countries make up the "world community." The "world community" consists of six white countries and Washington's puppet state of Japan. The "world community" is the US, Canada, Britain, Germany, France, Italy, and Japan. The other 190 countries are not part of Washington's "world community." In the neocon doctrine, they are not even part of humanity.
Mr.Roberts has more to read on his own website. He's just a half-year younger that my mom, but he's still alive, and in the astonishingly active business. I never thought there could be such persons in US politics, who could recognize a forest behind the trees. Why do we not hear about them in local media?.. I suppose, I know, why. Mr.Roberts "is not popular", despite so far I never read such desperate articles, coming into the deep opposition of the "official point of view" of G7 & Co. Mr.Roberts also obviously doesn't have personal Facebook or Twitter accounts; at least the Facebook page for his name "is automatically generated based on what Facebook users are interested in, and not affiliated with or endorsed by anyone associated with the topic."

Of course, Mr.Roberts even doesn't have to convey on the teenagers' medium. He's a solid States Man to do this.

And if you read just a few above and below mentioned articles, you would know, why...

A great article in Daily Mail, called "Putin and the West's insipid statesman", says it at best.

This is a conflict of polar opposites. On one side of the terrifying crisis blowing up on the borders of Russia and Ukraine stands Vladimir Putin, the ruthless former KGB officer, focused with deadly intent on rebuilding the Soviet empire.

On the other are the frivolous, dithering politicians of the West, high-fiving each other at summits and conveying their condolences, after a monstrous atrocity, on the teenagers' medium of Twitter.
Finally, at least one magazine has given a truly rating to the Twitter platform. I'm wondering how political leaders turned it into their platform of communications. Do they not have enough of resources to build their own websites?.. or do they love to be "watched" by CIA and the other US institutions? Probably, they are just clients for the "Just think" study mentioned above. "The untutored mind does not like to be alone with itself".

At all time of my life, my mother told me about our grandfather's "prophecy", which was based on the very ancient version of Bible they were having on the countryside at home. There was said, that the WWIII will come from the East, "the father will go against his son, the brother will come on brother". While following the news from the Middle East regions, she was afraid for the whole life that the war will start. That also scaried me a lot.

Now reading all these news, I feel that the World War now really is coming from the East. The East of Ukraine. The War is already inside the Ukraine; and now it started to spread over the world. In some of another prophecies texts, belonging to the Kiev's
St. Mother Alipiya (Mother Alypy Golosiivskyi), she mentions that the war will begin on the the Feast of Saints Peter and Paul day, which is observed on 29 June in The Revised Julian calendar, and it's July 14th by the The Julian calendar. In the very own calendar of Alipiya, this day is marked to be happen in autumn. "It will happen when the corpse will be got out", she said. "This is not war, but the punishment of people for their rotten condition."

Like in any prophecy, there could be many subsitutions, because it's a word game. But this month July 13th was the first time, when the regular citizen from Russia was killed by Ukrainian forces. Probably it was an accident; but at the July 14th the first alien victim got out...

The last two weeks of July were also meaning a little crash in my old appartment. Despite the fact the old sewer pipe was made of the Soviet iron, for 50 years she simply rotted away. The process obviously continued for a few years. Lots of heat made it complete.

That was a great punishment to me. It happened on Saturday. Neighbours two floors below me were so angry for getting a shit on their ceiling, that I decided to plug-off the water and sewerage completely. Luckily, for me it was possible to get a shower in another appartment.

A plumber from the house servicing company, belonging to Riga Municipality, came only on Monday, and until the next Thursday I was plugged off from the sewerage. So I've spent 5+ days of another life. By these days I understood, that the most important part in any living is sewerage. Not even water, not even a heating system. Not even lighting or electricity. And of course, not the fastest Internet connection in the world.

Sewerage is the most important. This makes the inner and outer world a Civilization. Sewerage means Civilization.

The question is, how it was possible for me to get this bypassed?.. Some how. It wasn't the worst case, because without pipes, there was still a hole about 15 cm in diameter, coming down for five floors, i.e. the generic sewerage of the house was still working with my pipes de-attached.

Shithole

I've seen him again before it all started to happen!

Him again

I was still having the water coming in, so I've made a little trickle and a used a bucket to wash up hands and even tableware; then used a bottle to fill it in from the bucket and flush down (if I'd make it directly from the bucket, I could flush it out of the hole). And since I still have the both parts of the brain working, I've used creative thinking and logics at once to free up my organism with the extra eco "tools".

Bucket, Bottle and Me

It was a little survival lesson, so I'm happy the system now is completely re-installed and obviously ready for another ten years; but obviously, I'd try to move from this place ASAP and get to my coding jobs, finally. Despite of it, I've spent some time while fixing the things around pipes, and all this was not quite compatible with any other jobs.

How it looks now

It's still not finished yet, needs a cover and a plinth, the wall's hole also is in the completion study. But at least, I'm closer to Civilization and happy so far.

Additionally to that, the end of July brought even more abnormal heat to Riga. When there's +30°C in the room, the brain stops working. That's why, I guess, countries like Spain or Greece do not have the IT technologies developed a lot. While visiting those countries, I wasn't able to think. Obviously, because some part of the brain was turned off, not sure which one.

The same happened now here. Shortly before this, I was in a little accident with my bycicle and it was luck I'm still alive, because I could damage my legs, back and even head. It's a bit dangerous when you drive in a column on about 20 km/h speed. Luckily I didn't even damaged my two-wheels horse.

Dangerous Place

It's a very rare case when I lose attention while driving; but there's a mystical place where the SAME column attacks me for the second time in my life already, and all with the same damage. Not sure what's dangerous on such a road? Probably because columns are dugged in almost between the middle of the road. It's quite unusual, if to lose attention just for a 1/2 second - and you are here. On the picture, they even look locating to the right. As it may also seen, further they are located on the grass part. There's just a short distance on this road when columns appear directly on the road. Not sure, why.

Probably, it was still the same heat which turns me off from the thinking. So I've spent this time just watching walls and shared one evening and night for movies, which I wanted to check long time ago, but didn't have. Sometimes it's great to do such movie marathons; the movies must be special, still.

* Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - the western classics starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford in their top appearances. Another appearance I liked at most, is the bycicle. Usually there are only horses and guns in such kind of movies.

* A Few Good Men - it's actually about the hazing in the US Army, and it's about the fireworks starring by Nickolson and Cruise. It's not an action movie and it's long; but it doesn't give a break to miss any scene.

* The Royal Tenenbaums - that one appeared in my list immediately after I watched the recent one from Wes Anderson, The Grand Budapest Hotel, which is the most delicious movie so far I've ever seen. Like usually, Wes Anderson does acting because of acting, and collects great actors around a regular yet mixed story and abnormally lots of details, which I like at most.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - screenshot

* The Talented Mr. Ripley - there would be something more I'd expect from Matt Damon's play from this movie; I'd say Philip Seymour Hoffman took more efforts for his episodes. But it's all because... the director Anthony Minghella originally wanted Tom Cruise for the role of Ripley but after seeing "Good Will Hunting", he decided to cast Matt Damon, so I've finally went to

* Good Will Hunting - Matt Damon and Ben Affleck took "Oscars" for their scripting for this movie, and Robin Williams for the "Best Actor in a Supporting Role"; this time I'd agree with the Academy completely. The movie's plot is astonishing; but at most brilliant is the scene in the cabinet of the National Security Agency offering Will Hunting "a lifetime job in code breaking".

Will Hunting:
Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot. Say I'm workin' at the N.S.A. and somebody puts a code on my desk. Something no one else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. I'm real happy with myself because I did my job well.

But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels are hidin'. Fifteen hundred people that I never met, never had no problem with, get killed. Now the politicians are saying, "Send in the Marines to secure the area," 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there gettin' shot, just like it wasn't them when their number got called 'cause they were in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southie over there takin' shrapnel in the ass. He comes back to find the plant he used to work at... got exported to the country he got back from, and the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job... 'cause he'll work for 15 cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place... was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. Of course, the oil companies used a skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helpin' my buddy at 2.50 a gallon. They're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil, of course. Maybe they even took the liberty to hire an alcoholic skipper, who likes to drink martinis and fuckin' play slalom with the icebergs. It ain't too long till he hits one, spills the oil... and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work, he can't afford to drive, so he's walkin' to the fuckin' job interviews... which sucks because the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. Meanwhile, he's starvin', 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat, the only blue plate special they're servin'... is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State.

So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure, fuck it. While I'm at it, why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I can be elected president.
That's it.

There finally was just one day, when the rain came in.

Rain in Riga, July 29th 2014

I wish there could be more days like this, or at least if they would be swapped by heat one by one... But afterall, I've spent the end of the month even not turning my PC on, being afraid disks could be damaged because of high temperatures, and tooking an unexpected vacation from jobs. I suppose, sleeping 10-12 hours per day for a week a little bit restored me from all the crashes around.

As I check in, the July in Lungau is also hot! Jaime's dog is hiding in the shadow of a tree. Images are sharp and colorful, possibly meaning there's a lot of natural sun lighting. Appears like a never-ending siesta... but it still has an ending.

Vacation in Lungau, July

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 11 Aug 2014 01:38 
Paul:
I've found an easy way to switch the rotation in both directions in a short time, supposing I could still switch on the both parts of my brain; would you find it, too?..
For me initially it was clockwise; but I learned to 'switch' it by looking below the picture for a couple of seconds; that way I could switch the directions easily (but still a little randomly).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#3 | Posted: 12 Aug 2014 23:29 
tom322:
For me initially it was clockwise; but I learned to 'switch' it by looking below the picture for a couple of seconds; that way I could switch the directions easily (but still a little randomly).
Yes, that is :) just looking at the top or bottom corners "changes" the rotation. But I like wrote above, it also depends on the time of the day, and so, actually, how your brain is "prepared" for it; if it's too tired to switch its parts, the process takes longer time.

2014 miniBB Support Forums / 2014 /
 July
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑