Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Having some problem with the Human Authorization add-on CAPTCHA

Author Don Ocso
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 20 Mar 2013 04:19 
I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function operate_string() in /home/sitename/public_html/forum/addon_authorize.php on line 48 when i try to reset code on registration.

I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function operate_string() in /home/sitename/public_html/forum/addon_authorize.php on line 62 when i try to post anonymously.

I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function operate_string() in /home/sitename/public_html/forum/addon_authorize.php on line 48 when i try to register after filling in the captcha

Please how do i go about this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 20 Mar 2013 10:35 
You need to upgrade your miniBB to the latest version, i.e. 3.0.1.
The latest Captcha version has been updated for the compatibility with this recent release.

OR, for making things easier, you could upgrade just the recent bb_functions.php, operate_string function is added to there (but I sincerely recommend to install the most recent miniBB).

Author Don Ocso
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 04:58 
all done sir, fine and working....... but some bad guys are still posting flood

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 10:14 
You can't avoid manual spam, except using other tools like Anti-Guest add-on, or Premoderation add-on.

Captcha is only for protection from the basic automated/roboted spam. When 1000 Chinese come to your website and flood, sometimes only banning the whole IP network may help.

Also, in Captcha, you have options - to enlarge characters amount, change fonts, apply grid, change secret phrase. All of these often help from the automated flood which "broke" the default mode.

Author Don Ocso
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 12:51 
Thanks,

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Having some problem with the Human Authorization add-on CAPTCHA
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑