miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /  

Memberlist

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »

Author DJCMBear
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 31 Jan 2009 15:07 
is there a way where you can only get to the members list addon if you are the admin so the link would be BB_admin?action=members which only the admin can see and it comes up with the table so you dont have to use a search because you will have the table.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#32 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 01:59 
DJCMBear
It's also possible if you put a proper condition code under bb_plugins.php, like

if($user_id==1) {

...the Members add-on code executes...

}

Author DJCMBear
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 04:38 
would it work if it was a code like if($action==members and $user_id==1) in bb_plugins.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#34 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 07:32 
Yes.

Author DJCMBear
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 09:18 
ok thanks Paul now i can do the section of the forum i wanted :)

Author DJCMBear
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 10:15 
is there something i need to change/add to the code to stop the admin panel showing up on the page below the members list after i click the link to open the members list from the admin area?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#37 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 12:29 
The admin panel is always shown if admin is logged, so I don't really understand - what's your problem with that link? Others don't see it.

This question is not really related to the Memberlist add-on, so please don't post unrelated information here. You may start new thread, because it appears to be your custom question.

Author Nalinith
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 9 Nov 2009 17:29 
Wonderful!

Author needsomehelp
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 6 Nov 2011 19:06 
I am posting here because the correct coding forum for addons does not allow new posts.

The latest version of MiniBB does not work with the Members List addon in the downloads section. I installed it correctly, when you click the provided link to add to the statistics page, the list does not show up you are just redirected back to the main index? Any help?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#40 | Posted: 7 Nov 2011 18:40 
needsomehelp:
the correct coding forum for addons does not allow new posts
Are you sure on that? All our topics are even to guests for posting. The *official* thread about Memberlist, too. So here we moved your message.

Regarding your question. First of all, I must say that the add-on works. If it doesn't work on your side, it doesn't mean it doesn't work for all. For example, it works in our demo. It is the same miniBB and add-on's version as they are provided in Downloads.

Make sure you have installed it properly. Redirection to the main page may mean that the proper $action value, i.e. `$action=members` is not caught. Make sure you have pasted the code for bb_plugins.php properly.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#41 | Posted: 3 Jun 2013 08:03 
Hi Paul,

Are there many functional differences between addon_memberslist2.php (ver. 03 June 2009)) and addon_memberslist.php (ver. 15 March 2013)? And is addon_memberslist2.php compatible with miniBB v3.0.2?

I upgraded my miniBB core to v3.0.2 last weekend. The upgrade did not seem to affect addon_memberslist2.php at all, but I thought I'd upgrade the memberslist addon just to be on the safe side.

My simple members list displays only "username", "registration date", and "location". After upgrading the addon, I have noticed I cannot toggle the column sort order between ascending and descending.

The readme says column sort works in ascending by default - yes, all three columns work that way, but only the "location" column will sort in reverse when its header is clicked consecutively; i.e., click once -> ascending order; click second time -> descending order; click third time -> ascending order.

I seem to recall in the previous version, I could toggle the column sort order without problems - any column. Have I broken something? :-(

With thanks -
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#42 | Posted: 3 Jun 2013 08:30 
marsbar:
I'd upgrade the memberslist addon just to be on the safe side
Yes, there are no major changes, but as I remember, there were some little security issues, so your step would be correct.

marsbar:
I seem to recall in the previous version, I could toggle the column sort order without problems - any column. Have I broken something?
I'm not sure. Could you repeat the same on miniBB demo?

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#43 | Posted: 3 Jun 2013 09:00 
Thanks for your prompt reply, Paul.

Terribly sorry, but I made a mistake in my original report before. The "location" column's column sort cannot be toggled on my site. In other words, since upgrading the memberslist addon, the list is sortable only in ascending order. Consecutive clicking of a column's header will not change that column's sort order (from ascending to descending/from descending to ascending) like it used to in the previous version. This changed behaviour is seen in the current miniBB demo as well.

With thanks -
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#44 | Posted: 5 Jun 2013 12:33 
marsbar:
Consecutive clicking of a column's header will not change that column's sort order (from ascending to descending/from descending to ascending) like it used to in the previous version.
I think there could be a confusion on your end: such "consecutive clicking" on sorting was never available in this add-on.

You can only sort in ascending order so far. If you need to browse the records in descending order, you may browse the list from the last page to the first.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#45 | Posted: 7 Jun 2013 10:26 
Paul:
I think there could be a confusion on your end: such "consecutive clicking" on sorting was never available in this add-on.
*facepalm* My humble apologies! I am an idiot.

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
Official Addons and Solutions miniBB Support Forums / Official Addons and Solutions /
 Memberlist
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Check out the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑