Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

two sections for the forum

Author Prince
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 27 Oct 2011 17:30 
Hello,

I wanted to make my forum in two sections!

For Example: Minibb.com
On main page there is SuperTitles: Main Forums, Coding Forums, Additional Forums

So when a user comes on main page it shows just Main forums (all forums under it), and on main menu put a link (Coding Forums), so when user clicks on that it shows all forums under Coding Forums (Super Title).

Maybe it's funny for forums like this but my forum has two different kind so I wanted to separate them, for Admin and Mods it shows as default all in one page.

Is that possible to make a big forum in two sections?

Regards,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 27 Oct 2011 20:52 
Answering the question, "is it possible", I love to answer "yes". In almost all cases everything is possible to code or program.

For your case, it appears just to be kind of customized script or add-on. It would be very closely tied up with your current forums structure, so it would like "replace" the default menu.

Author Prince
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 28 Oct 2011 19:40 
Paul:
so it would like "replace" the default menu.
If "replace" the default menu, how does it look like? same way I mentioned?
Would you mind if put it on your "todo" list?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 28 Oct 2011 20:45 
You already know that I can't work for free and I can't work for tea money on such customized tasks. If you are ready with your *proper* budget, not student's budget (I'm not a student), not a government's budget (I don't work for government), and if you are ready with the proper business offer - you are most welcome.

Author Prince
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 28 Oct 2011 21:16 
Paul:
You already know that I can't work for free and I can't work for tea money on such customized tasks.
I didn't say that :)
Paul:
not student's budget (I'm not a student),
I didn't say that also :)
Paul:
if you are ready with the proper business offer - you are most welcome.
I always understand everything like this, nowadays business is in Internet and coding.. so If I pay for something sure here you and me we both get some thing good!
And you know how long does it take and how much it costs so if you don't mind please tell me a fair price that both of us be happy with that.

Best regards,

Author Prince
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 14:17 
Paul:
You already know that I can't work for free and I can't work for tea money on such customized tasks. If you are ready with your *proper* budget, not student's budget (I'm not a student), not a government's budget (I don't work for government),
I wouldn't answer like this, and think it's not the way you treat customer.. and just kindly asked you. :)
I know it's maybe be hard to work and you don't have time or whatever...

I should pay for it, because I have to. that's normal :)

Best regards,

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#7 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 16:33 
Well, that's it. It's absolutely clear you have to pay for it; the question is - how much?.. Customized tasks are not available for fair prices. I'm not about "something" - something to pay or something to work on. I work on concrete things which I clearly understand and which surely will work for the end customer.

From your description, it's hard to understand what would you like to achieve, in general. That means, I should also work on the project specification for myself. Then I should code it. Then I should fix all bugs and support all the way conversation with you.

Now I either code the strongly specified task for the suggested budget or hourly rate which satisfies me, or I work on the project specification only, and other coders do the dirty job. miniBB is open source, so if you have only "fair" budget, you can hire lots of students or freelancers. I'm not sure why exactly "me" should work on it. I would wonder seeing phpBB or vBulletin team in action serving all customized requests for fair prices. I would develop for a fair price only if it would work for the miniBB as well, for miniBB community, too.

When we speak about "treating", for some reason, always only one side of the story is meant, "Customer -> Developer". I'm wondering when we start to think about "Developer -> Customer" chain as well? I think it's impossible to treat anybody well, if just the guarantee of the satisfaction is not provided in advance, and I'm wondering why it's being considered as "bad treating" or something. It's absolutely not on my end, it's only how you perceive it, reading my texts. If I would speak with you and tell you the same, you would feel another thing :)

Here is also good proof for your attention:

Awesome workplaces in Silicon Valley

Currently, something to program which is less than $5K is out of my interest, and the price regarding small custom things is $50/hour. Regarding your addition, I would work it out for about $250 (if by now I correctly understand what it is about).

Author Prince
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 29 Oct 2011 19:26 
Paul:
I'm not about "something" - something to pay or something to work on. I work on concrete things which I clearly understand and which surely will work for the end customer.
Sorry for that, I just couldn't clear myself :)

Paul:
so if you have only "fair" budget, you can hire lots of students or freelancers
Because I can't trust them well! I trust you more in this case and I'm sure Your Job is great ;)

Paul:
reading my texts. If I would speak with you and tell you the same, you would feel another thing :)
Sorry for that, Sometimes it happens in this Virtual World (Internet)! :)

Paul:
is $50/hour. Regarding your addition, I would work it out for about $250 (if by now I correctly understand what it is about).
I understand that, Because it's a business and when I run into it I have to agree with something that I want.

So Could we discuss it in email and I explain more about it what I want about this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#9 | Posted: 31 Oct 2011 12:46 
Create your serious business offer and proposal, and I may consider it.

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 two sections for the forum
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑