®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Updating guest's post to registered member's post

Author Prince
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 26 Aug 2011 15:47 
I had a guest user who created a topic, and now registered, he wanted the topic and post be on his registered name. So I've changed manually topic and post IDs in (topic and post table on SQL) and it worked on forum. I just wanted to know if is that OK or not for forum os SQL?

Author tom322
#2 | Posted: 26 Aug 2011 17:53 
As long as you changed the right places I think it should be fine.

Author Prince
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 27 Aug 2011 14:43 
Thanks Tom.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 29 Aug 2011 12:29 
Not sure what you've changed; the only thing to update was poster_id and poster_name fields under posts table and possibly topics table.

Author Prince
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 12 Sep 2011 20:38 
Paul:
the only thing to update was poster_id and poster_name fields under posts table and possibly topics table.
Yes I meant that! :)

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Updating guest's post to registered member's post
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑