miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

" Anti guest addon " - Reducing spam - guests cannot post links

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author C0BALT
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 24 Jan 2011 11:41 
For example if I want to ban this
ферт
Where would I add that into the .txt file addon_anti_guest_dict.php ?
I was reading that the list needs to be kept in alphabetical order.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#32 | Posted: 25 Jan 2011 04:44 
C0BALT:
I was reading that the list needs to be kept in alphabetical order.
Hmm, where was you reading that?

An alphabetical order is more for your convenience. The list could be set up in any order, at least I've re-checked the algorithm and I see that it just compares all words or fragments with no reference to the order.

Author C0BALT
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 25 Jan 2011 10:25 
Paul
Still my question remains...
How do you place this into a .php file?
ферт
and have it recognized.
Do I need to encode it?

This is what I get if I paste it into any of my 3 code editing programs
'????',

I'm not keen on trying (and seeing if it works) on a live forum.
Thank-you.

Author tom322
#34 | Posted: 25 Jan 2011 11:42 
C0BALT:
This is what I get if I paste it into any of my 3 code editing programs
'????',
I pasted it into regular Notepad or Notepad2 and it was saved correctly as 'ферт'.

Author C0BALT
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 25 Jan 2011 21:44 
tom322
So, I added those characters to the file and upon trying to save it from Notepad in Win7 got this message.
addon_anti_guest.dict.php
This file contains characters in Unicode format which will be lost if you save this file as an ANSI encoded text file. To keep the Unicode information, click Cancel.... etc etc

Another thing that happened is when I got the email notification of the reply that Tom322 gave instead of placing...
ферт
It placed...
(remove the spaces between & and #)
'& #1092;& #1077;& #1088;& #1090;'

So, I did go ahead and did add
(remove the spaces between & and #)
'& #1092;',
'& #1077;',
'& #1088;',
'& #1090;',
to addon_anti_guest_dict.php
This did indeed work.
You can find codes which you can add to your ASCII based dict file here.
google (cyrillic ascii table) for a start...

Thank-you very much for all your suggestions and help.

Author C0BALT
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 25 Jan 2011 21:53 
OK, so can you add wildcards... like this
'*ф*',
to
addon_anti_guest_dict.php

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#37 | Posted: 26 Jan 2011 03:49 
It all depends on the regional settings of your OS. Also, built-in Notepad is not the best tool for this. Most probably it will always offer to save file as Unicode - BUT if your forums are not Unicode (f.e. if they are Windows-1251), this is wrong. That's why we recommend Notepad2 or some other plain text editor.

Having Russian regional settings installed and Russian language, you should not have problems with this; however honestly I never tried it on Windows 7.

Also, I am not sure why do you try to put some certain fragment of the word - it's better to put fragments of the URL to prevent something. And this is actually not the best way to prevent from spamming, there is always work-around.

Wild-cards WILL NOT WORK for this add-on.

Author C0BALT
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 27 Jan 2011 11:34 
Ooops, ok sorry, just read the last line, wild cards won't work.

I don't have russian installed.
I'm now banning posts by guests with a random assortment of Russian/Cyrillic characters in the body.

My last question still stands, and I'm wondering if wildcards can be placed into phrases in the addon_anti_guest.dict.php file.

'Viag*', // would ban anything starting with Viag
'*ф*', // would ban anything with ф in the entire post body...

Star(phrase)Star doesn't work though. I'm wondering if someone knows of a way to do this though.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#39 | Posted: 27 Jan 2011 12:20 
Try to put these fragments without asterisks i.e.

'Viag',
'ф',
etc.

Author tkx211
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 8 Oct 2011 14:59 
Paul said:
The Captcha can be configured, so Anonymous poster enters code only once per session
Hi Paul, I think I have solution.

At captcha image, you can set:
$private_key='everything';
$timenow=time();
$captchaText=strtolower($captchaText);
$_SESSION['captcha_key']=md5($captchaText.''.$private_key.''.$timenow) .'|'. $timenow;

At php captcha file:
$private_key='everything';
$allow_time=300;//5minutes
$captchaText=(isset($_SESSION['captcha_key']))? $_SESSION['captcha_key']: 0;
$captcha_time=explode('|',$captchaText);
$captcha_text = strtolower($_POST['captcha_text'].''.$private_key.''.$captcha_time[1]);
if(md5($captcha_text)!=$captcha_time[0] || time()-$captcha_time[1]>$allow_time) {
die("FALSE");
} else {
//continue
}

This way make captcha available only in 5 minutes.
You can set it smaller.
If you write a post that spend more than 5 minutes, javascript simply auto-refresh captcha.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#41 | Posted: 10 Oct 2011 11:13 
Thanks for the solution, but currently, I don't see a practical ground for it to implement. Sorry, but I don't understand, what is it created for?
I'm sure in 99.99% of cases a guest user will enter Captcha immediately after making his post.
I'd rather escape making headache for my own for just 0.01% of the audience.

Author Steve Shaw
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 26 Jan 2012 17:09 
Is there a way to make Anti-Guest also work when users register?
I am getting spammers registering with URLs that include words I don't want used.

Any help appreciated.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#43 | Posted: 26 Jan 2012 19:13 
Answering questions like "is there a way..." or "is this possible..." you should almost always expect an answer "yes".
In my practice, I've met nothing impossible regarding scripting PHP and input data.
And in miniBB, there is a very comfortable way of doing such customized changes without touching the core.

But - of course - it's only if you know what to do!
Hopefully miniBB provides lot of the free stuff to analyze and create something similar for your requirements.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 " Anti guest addon " - Reducing spam - guests cannot post links
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Proceed with the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑