®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
News miniBB Support Forums / News /  

2009 Ox greetings from miniBB

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#1 | Posted: 26 Jan 2009 05:27 
Happy New Year, and good luck in 2009 from miniBB team! It does sound strange specially if there is the end of January already... a bit too late, doesn't it? Before the "regular" 2009 celebration I have sent some celebrations to my colleagues and friends, and I was surprised that this time not even everybody replied back. That shows a lot of stress and depression in our hearts. That proves we are so worried by other stuff that even forget about some basic actions. That's not the way how could we roll the stones.

In the upcoming year the whole miniBB production team has special plans to be closer to the Universe and Nature. Let's each of us living on this Planet, doesn't forget he's not the only one living here. And while most Europeans and Americans have had their new year celebration month ago, Chinese only start to celebrate it today, in the beginning of the New Moon cycle.

The year we have passed through recently was a difficult one. The word "crisis" in all aspects begin to sound critical to anyone's years. But just think about the human history in whole: peace was never present on Earth. There is no year in the history of our civilization which was not marked by a war in some country. Crisis is a part of our life. Only reaching some point we could find a proper way to change.

As for the new year, my only wish to everyone would be: define what you believe in at most. There is so many subjects of faith, but unfortunatelly, they do not even stand closely to what people should believe in. Find the way to change yourself before you are going to change the world around you.

If you believe in God, do you know what actually God is? What that word means? Until you don't know what that exactly means, you can't believe in That.

Do you believe in TV news? They are all paid by other companies and people to make you believe in what is happening; despite until you see something by your own eyes, you can't believe in that.

Do you believe what people say in Internet? Somebody came and published his provocative yet anonymous word online, but everybody may believe it's truth, despite there are absolutely no proofs. It's just a subjective opinion, nothing else, but it may be considered as true you are not supposed to believe in.

Do you believe in miracles?.. mysteries?.. metaphysics?.. revolutions?.. winter tales?..

I suppose there is only one subject of faith which is certainly true. It's You.

But I'm not sure everyone of us knows him/herself well.

I would like to thank everybody which helped our project stay on top of our developing practice in the past year. Even in the difficult times we are glad to have customers and users which never lose the sense of feeling of life. That helpes us a lot. Thank You very much!

For the next year, I wish you All to believe more in yourself. Make your own choice, develop your own thinking, find your own way to collaborate with others. Think about WHO you are, WHY you could read that text, WHY could you think and have your own opinion, and why do you see both sides of your nose each moment you have your eyes opened. I suppose as more people believe in themselves, as more easy the things will go, as more chances to survive we all have.

We will try to follow that tactics as well. The newest release of miniBB will be coming out soon, and we have plans to develop a unique feature of miniBB which you absolutely never meet in other forums software. I hope we will have enough time and power for it. See you all in the next 12-months cycle! :-)

miniBB 2009 Greeting

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#2 | Posted: 26 Jan 2009 15:26 
Happy (Lunar) New Year to you, too, Team! You are the most philosophical of forum script programmers I have ever had the pleasure of being acquainted with. Cheers and best wishes from Australia -
mb

Author Moony
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 27 Jan 2009 02:10 
A bit late, but HAPPY NEW YEAR from Vietnam (it is also Vietnameese New Year). What you wrote here is very important for me. Thank you.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#4 | Posted: 29 Jan 2009 23:53 
Paul:
The newest release of miniBB will be coming out soon, and we have plans to develop a unique feature of miniBB which you absolutely never meet in other forums software.
Wow! Hope you bring it out soon :)

Cheers and happy new year!

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 30 Jan 2009 01:40 
This feature will be actually useful only for the new users. It's not related to the functionality of the software in general...

Author Sergeusz
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 30 Jan 2009 13:27 
Paul, you have roused the interest of new version too much ;) I hope that new version will support old skins, because I've just made skin for my forums.
Good luck!

Author Karel II
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 1 Feb 2009 01:56 
Paul:
This feature will be actually useful only for the new users
I guess it might be something like „double-click setup.exe and drink one cup of coffee to have your forum software up and running“ :).

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 2 Feb 2009 01:57 
Karel II is more closely to that ;-) The new version will just cover some bugs and nifty additions, so of course all older modifications and CSS will work; but a feature... it's not related to the wording feature in the meaning you know it ;-)

News miniBB Support Forums / News /
 2009 Ox greetings from miniBB
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Get the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑