®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /  

Sign in form on left side of forums

Author jogi284
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 22 Sep 2008 06:22 
Hi, cause of design rules, i want to integrate the Sign In not in the middle of the side but on the left side. I have seen such solutions in the web, maybe someone have some tipps for this topic?
Greetings, Joerg

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 22 Sep 2008 08:15 
Providing the screen shot of what do you have in mind would be much appreciated. Else the question sounds completely not understood.

Author jogi284
Partaker
#3 | Posted: 22 Sep 2008 08:20 
Hi Paul,

I am sorry, my english is not the best. Here is a screenshot:

miniBB Layout Screenshot

The Login is there not in the middle but on the left side of the page. Such a solution I need for my miniBB, too.

Greetings, Joerg

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#4 | Posted: 22 Sep 2008 10:08 
It's just a question of your own HTML modification, you need to modify templates/main_header.html to achieve that, moving {$user_logging} table from templates/main_forums.html over there.

We can't provide an exact solution because it's very custom and depends on what you have in mind. All layout modifications we are providing for a fee only.

Here is the similar issue explained.

Author jogi284
Partaker
#5 | Posted: 22 Sep 2008 11:09 
thanks, think, that this will function for me.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#6 | Posted: 24 Sep 2008 04:05 
Hi Joerg,

Just out of curiosity, how is the AdSense layout working for you?

Regards,

Vishal

Author joestr
#7 | Posted: 24 Sep 2008 06:32 
Hi Vishal,

AdSense Layout? Do you mean the advertising in the screenshot? That is not mine, only an example screenshot for my problem.

But Google Adsense is very easy to integrate in a website. Therefor you just need an AdsenseAccount, you get it with your Google-Registration. There is than a possibility to design an advertisment and you get a code to integrate it in html, e.g. in main-header.html or somewhere else in the miniBB templates.

Is this your question?

Greetings, Joerg

Author jogi284
Partaker
#8 | Posted: 25 Sep 2008 03:02 
just to say: Everything have function very well. Thanks for your help!

Author Vishal
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 26 Sep 2008 00:13 
joestr:
AdSense Layout? Do you mean the advertising in the screenshot? That is not mine, only an example screenshot for my problem.
Joerg, I checked your site kletsen.com. I meant to say the AdSense positioning on the left/right outside of the forum.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 26 Sep 2008 01:29 
Vishal
It's a standard Google Adsense block. To place it on the right, you need to modify main_posts_cell template and put there the same kind of table as I provided in my reply above (similar issue explained).

Author Vishal
Partaker
#11 | Posted: 27 Sep 2008 00:21 
Paul:
Vishal
It's a standard Google Adsense block. To place it on the right, you need to modify main_posts_cell template and put there the same kind of table as I provided in my reply above (similar issue explained).
Yes I know Paul. I just wanted to know the clickthrough rate of that ad unit. I had great success with such tower units on my website but I never tried it in the forums as it appears out of the reader's vision. I mean readers usually tend to go with the flow of the text and as that unit falls outside of the text flow, I was curious to know.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 27 Sep 2008 11:51 
I think you just need to put the block and see it for yourself ;-) I'm sure you will get some clicks from this block. Right side is usually the most "profitable" in the case of the human eye. As you may notice, many TV channels are usually putting their logos in the right top corner - because human eye "catch" this position better than other angles.

Author Vishal
Partaker
#13 | Posted: 1 Oct 2008 01:43 
Paul:
I think you just need to put the block and see it for yourself ;-) I'm sure you will get some clicks from this block. Right side is usually the most "profitable" in the case of the human eye. As you may notice, many TV channels are usually putting their logos in the right top corner - because human eye "catch" this position better than other angles.
Yes you are right Paul!

Specific miniBB Support Forums / Specific /
 Sign in form on left side of forums
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Try the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑