®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /  

Merge two forums

Author Danny2000
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 20 Jul 2008 19:55 
how can I merge two forums topics to one forum?
my current board has 6 forums, and I want to merge two of them, I can not move the topics one by one cause there are more than 200 topics in each forum,
is there any solution for this issue?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#2 | Posted: 24 Jul 2008 03:40 
The most simple way is to update the database with SQL commands like:

update minibbtable_topics set forum_id=CURRENT_FORUM_ID where forum_id=MERGING_FORUM_ID;

update minibbtable_posts set forum_id=CURRENT_FORUM_ID where forum_id=MERGING_FORUM_ID;
For example, if you have a forum A, and you want to move all topics to forum B, then A will stand for MERGING_FORUM_ID and B is for CURRENT_FORUM_ID.

Author Siavashُ
#3 | Posted: 24 Jul 2008 14:03 
Thanks Paul ;-)

Author Guest
~
#4 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 11:58 
Hi everyone,

I've just merged two forums - thanks Paul!

However, on the front page of the community where it displays the TOPICS and REPLIES for each forum... this hasn't updated to display the correct amount of topics and replies for the now merged forums.

Any help?

Thanks
Ben

Author Guest
~
#5 | Posted: 26 Jul 2011 12:24 
please ignore - its updated :)

Ben

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#6 | Posted: 27 Jul 2011 03:08 
For updating topics/amounts, you can use a special script.

How To miniBB Support Forums / How To /
 Merge two forums
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑