miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Foreign language symbols available in username / password ( $userRegName setting and variations)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#31 | Posted: 4 Sep 2007 06:00 
You need to list ALL Cyrillic alphabet letters, period like for the latin lettes will not work.

All checking algorithms are inside of bb_func_checkusr.php

Author Tihon
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 13 Oct 2007 15:21 
What about password? Is it possible to include foreign letters in it?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#33 | Posted: 15 Oct 2007 03:05 
It is NOT recommended and not available by default. Password is stored in MD5 format and who knows how it will work on your side with non-latin characters. Better leave this idea.

Author Tihon
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 23 Oct 2007 06:48 
Has anyone implemented the capability of passwords (not only logins) in cyrillic or other non-latin symbols?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#35 | Posted: 23 Oct 2007 13:26 
You may edit a (core) file bb_func_checkusr.php and modify

!preg_match("#^[A-Za-z0-9_]
{5,32}$#i"
specifying a valid regular expression for the password, for example listing all Cyrillic characters one by one.

However as I mentioned above it is not a recommended action since all passwords are encoded in MD5.
Users may experience troubles when entering such passwords on different devices.

Author Nherm
#36 | Posted: 17 Feb 2008 07:47 
Well I'm having problem with this, it just won't work :(

$userRegName='_A-Za-zÄäÖö0-9';

Still it won't allow to register usernames with Ä or Ö -letters :/

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#37 | Posted: 18 Feb 2008 04:29 
You need to be sure these letters correspond to the generic forums encoding you have set. If the encoding is set improperly, these symbols will be transformed to something else upon submission and so the script won't recognize them.

Author nice
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 15 Aug 2008 04:15 
how can I allow chinese character like 论坛 on registration in my forums?

there are over 50000 different characters in chinese language,it is impossible to add them to $userRegName for Regular Expressions.

Can anybody help me~~ ?

Thats problem torment me long time~

ps.miniBB is best forum for me,haha~ the speed,SEO and simple way to use.

Author nice
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 15 Aug 2008 05:12 
haha ~~

Resolved the problem at last!!! yeah!

the Regular Expressions should be writed like this:

$userRegName='_A-Za-z\\x80-\\xff0-9 ';

I think many of others Foreign language symbols can support as well.

Register NAME with Chinese Character.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#40 | Posted: 15 Aug 2008 06:32 
nice
Great you solved it yourself and yes, setting what you did or similar is also a right way.

Author ihvh
#41 | Posted: 21 Mar 2012 10:19 
Hi!

I have the same problem with registration using cyrillic symbols. I've set $userRegName like it was adviced early by Ivan and Moody, but still can't register with russian name.

Moony:
$userRegName='_A-Za-z0-9АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЪЫЬЭЮЯабвгдеёжзийкл мнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя_-';
Is there any other settings I have to do to solve this problem?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#42 | Posted: 21 Mar 2012 11:08 
It depends on what kind of Charset you have installed for your forum. If it's UTF-8, the setup_options.php file also should be modified having UTF-8 symbols in $userRegName. In other words, whatever you put in this setting, will be compared with whatever input on the registration page under the encoding you've set.

Author ihvh
#43 | Posted: 21 Mar 2012 11:35 
I have installed forum with windows-1251 charset and setup_options.php is also saved in windows-1251.
Cyrillic menus and messages are OK, but registration does't work ((

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#44 | Posted: 21 Mar 2012 11:42 
Whatever I could say... it needs more debugging :) more infos to catch the error.
They DO work if everything is installed/configured properly. I did it on many Cyrillic forums.

Author KHeader
#45 | Posted: 23 Mar 2012 08:49 
ihvh:
Hi!

I have the same problem with registration using cyrillic symbols. I've set $userRegName like it was adviced early by Ivan and Moody, but still can't register with russian name.

Moony:
$userRegName='_A-Za-z0-9АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЪЫЬЭЮЯабвгдеёжзийкл мнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя_-';

Is there any other settings I have to do to solve this problem?
Using setlocale() in setup_options.php solves this problem. Of course, if locale on the server is different from charset of forum.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Foreign language symbols available in username / password ( $userRegName setting and variations)
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑