®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Registration Error

Author fanatic45
Partaker
#1 | Posted: 22 May 2005 15:26 
I have a problem with registering into my forum, it always comes this error message! I can begin with these however nothing.! What am I to do?

Error Message:
Unable to register new user. Possibly username or email already taken, or admininistrator info isn`t filled, yet.

I hope myself can one help

Author Team
8-)
#2 | Posted: 23 May 2005 15:51 
Check your database (users table) - there must be one record containing user with ID=1. If it is not here, read manual about why you need it and how you may insert it.

Author Anonymous
#3 | Posted: 5 Jun 2005 14:14 
I got the same problem...

I've tryed looking the manual, but could not find anything..

please help me with a guide or something..

Am using phpMyAdmin

Author Team
8-)
#4 | Posted: 5 Jun 2005 14:51 
I am explaining once again: be sure that in users table, there is at last one record, and it has the ID=1. it is ID of the ADMIN. Users can not register as admin with ID=1, so you need to put this ID manually in the users table, if you are using manual SQL file installation. Be sure also you are not registering new user with admin's email, specified in setup_options.php. IT IS FORBIDDEN. Use another email.

Author Anonymous
#5 | Posted: 5 Jun 2005 19:30 
Thanks it seems to work now

Author Team
8-)
#6 | Posted: 5 Jun 2005 20:35 
Cool!

Author dgroves
Partaker
#7 | Posted: 6 Feb 2008 14:52 
Error Message:
Unable to register new user. Possibly username or email already taken, or admininistrator info isn`t filled, yet.

I get a similar problem, accept it is a friend who is trying to re register after unregistering. How can I make it so that he can sign-up again???

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#8 | Posted: 7 Feb 2008 03:45 
You just must be sure you have really removed this user and his username and/or email is not in database.

Author dgroves
Partaker
#9 | Posted: 7 Feb 2008 12:43 
How can I double check this, it does not a appear when I run a search on it through the admin panel? I don't have access to login-to the MySql Database as it is on a school server.

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#10 | Posted: 8 Feb 2008 03:23 
How do you run the search of it in the admin panel? May be you are missing/messing up something. And you need to search both by email address and username. Are you sure by the way you administrator's info is put in the database?..

Author Anto
#11 | Posted: 19 Jan 2009 09:13 
Hi folks,

I've been having a different registration problem, my new user "Sign Up" page doesn't display at all (see screenshot), I've tried the db suggestions above, looks fine, Admin looks fine, got write control etc, but can't get the page to display.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Anto
Ireland

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#12 | Posted: 19 Jan 2009 09:43 
Anto
It's probably related to Captcha add-on, as you have improperly configured or installed it. Without that add-on, there is no intermediate registration screen.

Author Guest
~
#13 | Posted: 20 Jan 2009 19:15 
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tip - I'll try re-installing the captcha plugin. I did migrate host recently.

FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Registration Error
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑