miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /  

Login troubles

Author Anonymous
#1 | Posted: 24 Aug 2006 18:52 
When I try to log in to my forums using the correct information, it just refreshes the page, but when I purposely use the wrong password, it brings me to the incorrect password page. What's wrong?

Author Anonymous
#2 | Posted: 24 Aug 2006 22:14 
Haha! Fixed it!
In setup_options.php, I had
$cookiedomain='www.mysite.org/'; and I changed it to $cookiedomain='www.mysite.synced.org';
Deleting that slash at the end of the URL fixed it!

Author Sergei
Team member
#3 | Posted: 25 Aug 2006 03:02 
you can also simply set it to $cookiedomain=''; it will work as well. The domain there is obligate only in case you're running several miniBB boards or other scripts using miniBB cookie for authentication and you want to be logged into all of them after logging into one.

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#4 | Posted: 29 Dec 2007 18:44 
A Window$ Internet Explorer 7 says whenever he tries to login using the login boxes at the top of my forum's home page, the page just refreshes and clears his login details. He has to log in (using the login boxes at the bottom of the reply/new topic box) for each post he makes.

Given that no one else has reported a similar problem, am inclined to think that the problem lies at the user's end. In any case, I suggested the user check his browser's cookie settings. The user later replied that he'd followed my advice, but it did not fix the problem.

I find the user's claim curious because, at my end, I have been able to re-create and solve the problem in IE7 by disabling and enabling cookies. Nonetheless, before I dismiss the complaint as false, I thought I'd post here to see whether Paul/Team or anyone else has any ideas or advice.

Many thanks, and best wishes to all for the New Year -
marsbar

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#5 | Posted: 30 Dec 2007 11:51 
I have no ideas besides what you described already... It seems like user's browser just doesn't save cookies and there could be hundreds of reasons for it which are impossible to determine until we are not on the user's PC...

Author marsbar
Associated Member
#6 | Posted: 30 Dec 2007 13:56 
Many thanks, Paul; your reply has confirmed my thoughts that the issue lies at the user's end--or perhaps it lies with the user's ability to follow simple instructions!

Author tom322
#7 | Posted: 30 Dec 2007 15:14 
Many thanks, Paul; your reply has confirmed my thoughts that the issue lies at the user's end--or perhaps it lies with the user's ability to follow simple instructions!

Yes, I don't have any problems in IE7 either..

FAQ miniBB Support Forums / FAQ /
 Login troubles
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑