miniBB ® 

miniBB

®
Support Forums

| Start | Register | Search | Statistics | File Bank | Manual |
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /  

" Anti guest addon " - Reducing spam - guests cannot post links

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#16 | Posted: 26 Jan 2007 05:37 
But for some reason, members cannot post links until after posting 6 times.
I think everybody can post links (i.e. they are visible), but what they can't post, are the hyperlinks, i.e. "highlighted" URLs. So they do not lose their content, but everybody who's interested in visiting their link, may just copy/paste it into URL bar, but not click on it...

Author harootun
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 26 Jan 2007 05:46 
Yes. Sorry. Hyperlinks. I end up typing these messages when I am very tired at the end of the night. Am I incorrect that setting the $membersRule to "0" is supposed to allow members to immediately be able to post hyperlinks? Or am I misunderstanding this?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#18 | Posted: 26 Jan 2007 08:29 
"Hyperlinks" feature, i.e. disabling is included in miniBB by default in the newest release. Those who made less than 6 postings and guests are allowed to post URLs but niot hyperlinked. The anti-guest addon is not related to that rule.

Author harootun
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 26 Jan 2007 22:59 
Sorry. I know i'm a bit dense about things, and I realize we're now off-topic here so this should probably be moved (or trashed!), but I don't see anything in the manual about this. I know, I know, I probably missed it. But is this a variable that an admin can change? Didn't see anything in setup_options, but again, I could well have missed it.

It's fine either way. I'm happy to tell my members the rule of 6 posts. It's just my curiosity more than anything else. The more I delve into minibb, the more I see how BEAUTIFUL it is. The way the set-up allows for such easy modification, customizations and updates. I'm simply amazed! I feel so lucky that I found it when I decided to make a forum!

Author tom322
#20 | Posted: 26 Jan 2007 23:46 
harootun
Try to look for $membersRule in bb_plugins.php and you may change it.

Tom

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#21 | Posted: 27 Jan 2007 14:49 
harootun

Well it can't be changed as an option still... we just thought this number of posts is enough for any board by default, but I think an introducing an option would be good in the next ver... as I mentioned in the release, this feeature was quite experimental, and there is a field to expand it.

Once condition is met in bb_func_txt.php where it says and $GLOBALS['user_num_posts']>5 and the second is in bb_codes.php where it says the same. So you probably may change this value in these two places and that would be enough...

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#22 | Posted: 27 Jan 2007 14:51 
tom322

I think $membersRule affects anti-guest addon and we are really talking in the recent postings about the default (new) miniBB feature. It's really going to be an offtopic here ;-)

Author tom322
#23 | Posted: 27 Jan 2007 17:58 
Yes, sorry -- the new miniBB feature + the anti-guest addon work well for me though ;).

Author piccolo
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 13 Nov 2007 08:34 
Hi i tried to install this addon and i've done all things shown in the readme but it won't work ... I updated my bb_plugins.php and copied the two files in my forum dir. Pasted the language lines into my language file ... but still guests can post their messages!

What is wrong or something forgotten?!

best regards

Christian

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#25 | Posted: 13 Nov 2007 08:59 
but still guests can post their messages

- this is the add-on not about the restricting of posting the guest messages, but only the messages containing URLs or hyperlinks in them.

For restricting the guests to post, you just need to enable one miniBB setting, that is discussed dozen times already.

Author piccolo
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 13 Nov 2007 09:18 
sorry this part i do not recognise.

thanks for reply,

best regards,

Christian

Author Guest
~
#27 | Posted: 28 May 2010 21:21 
How bout not letting guests post at all?
You got anything like that???

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#28 | Posted: 31 May 2010 03:25 
Guest:
How bout not letting guests post at all?
You got anything like that???
Of course we have it. There is one setting called $regUsrOnly - look up in Manual and in the related thread.

Author C0BALT
Partaker
#29 | Posted: 23 Jan 2011 23:15 
Paul
With the anti-guest addon it's easy to get rid of words like this
'.l',
'.msk',
'.pp.r',
'-casi',

Is there a way to place; Cyrllic CP-1251, or other "non-western" "words" into this list as well?

Author Paul
Lead Developer 
#30 | Posted: 24 Jan 2011 06:18 
C0BALT:
Is there a way to place; Cyrllic CP-1251, or other "non-western" "words" into this list as well?
Why not? You could place fragments in any encoding, the most important it should be the same as your forum pages encoding.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
Custom Tutorials and Modifications miniBB Support Forums / Custom Tutorials and Modifications /
 " Anti guest addon " - Reducing spam - guests cannot post links
 Share Topic's Link

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Post as a Guest, leaving the Password field blank. You could also enter a Guest name, if it's not taken by a member yet. Sign-in and post at once, or just sign-in, bypassing the message's text.

Before posting, make sure your message is compliant with forum rules; otherwise it could be locked or removed with no explanation.

miniBB Support Forums Powered by Forum Software miniBB ® Home  Features  Requirements  Demo  Download  Showcase  Gallery of Arts
Compiler  Premium Extensions  Premium Support  License  Contact Us
Install the Captcha add-on: protect your miniBB-forums from the automated spam and flood.

⇑